The Walking Dead...

Started by bayonetbrant, October 23, 2016, 09:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailrunner

Quote from: ghostryder on March 20, 2017, 08:51:22 PM
This whole episode "The other side" only seem to point out how willing the writers are to spend enormous amounts of time on subbar characters and so liitle on the remaining main characters. Are we really caring for either Sasha or Rosita?

Rosita's time with Abraham was underwhelming and sasha has what? 3 weeks with him. Are we to believe this worthy of suicide missions?  As motivation, it is ridiculous. Which suggests that the TWD's producers weren't expecting Sonequa Martin-Green to be cast as a lead in CBS Access' new Star Trek series this Fall.

I can't pretend to care much about any of it. did anyone else notice that Rosita tried to hotwire a car that had two doors left open long term? She knows everything? Really?!

2 more to the final. Expect more lame cliffhangers.

I just watched The Other Side this evening and I agree.  Everything about Sasha and Rosita was fake tension.  They hate each other but team up out of necessity, but then have a major girlfriend bonding moment when they are outside the Saviors' compound getting ready for action.  Meanwhile back at Hilltop, they spend pleasant evenings planning missions against the Saviors.  Enid brings Maggie snacks of pita chips, baby carrots, and hummus dip.  There's barely any tension when the Saviors come in and almost discover Darryl and Maggie and steal the doctor.

At one point in the show, I caught my mind completely wandering and thinking about work or something else.  It's not a good sign if my dull life is more captivating than TWD.