Wolverine goes full Me(ta)l Gibson in Wolvie3 trailer (aka "Logan")

Started by JasonPratt, October 20, 2016, 12:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

I honestly don't know what to think of this. It isn't the "Old Man Logan" story, except in a very superficial way. It already isn't in continuity anymore. He can't be passing the torch to X-23 (or whatever her name is) because this takes place in an alternate future.

On the other hand, the aesthetic seems like a good change of pace, and it's both nice and a little surprising to see PatStew returning for another (one last?) stab at Professor X. I like the trailer; I just question the relevance of the movie beyond "Hey, you like Jackman as Wolverine, right? Well this might be his last one!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I liked it. Don't know what the hell I was watching. But, I liked it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 20, 2016, 12:51:59 PM
I liked it. Don't know what the hell I was watching. But, I liked it.
Same here. 

I freely admit I don't know the lore, so that almost certainly helps.  Still, what we did see looked good (I thought). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Tpek

Why does Wolvie has so many scars and is so old?
Has his powers been taken away or are the scars from the Red Muramasa (spelling?) blade?

Arctic Blast

I'm definitely interested. Curious to see if they can pull off a superhero movie that seems to be aiming for a more serious vibe.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Arctic Blast

Sir Slash

In this film Wolverine faces the ULTIMATE villain...... Stan Lee.  :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

mirth

Sir Slash

Martok

Have none of you seen this one yet? 

THEN DO SO!!!!

Logan might just be the best superhero film (although I almost hesitate to call it that) I've ever seen.  Perhaps fans of the comics would disagree, but I found it be an amazing piece of work. 

Great drama, great action scenes.  If this really was Jackman's last time playing the character, he couldn't have given it a better send-off. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth