DVG - B-17!!!

Started by DanVerssen, September 24, 2016, 11:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Sounds like they're finally shipping.  Communication's still not the greatest.  A number of people on the KS page said they'd received shipping notifications from UPS last week.  DVG's update today said they were shipping out today in the US.  International customers would get theirs shipped from the UK but that the games hadn't arrived there yet.

I thought it was a bit strange that they'd ship to Canada from the UK but as I hadn't received any shipping info from DVG (despite asking them on KS and FB) so I called them.  Said everyone in the US, Canada, and Mexico should have their copy shipped by Thursday at the latest.  UK stuff should be arriving at the same time and start shipping out then.

ArizonaTank

answered my own question...sorry
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

DennisS

I just watched a 45 minute youtube video by the developer...the game looks good, but not as good as Thunderbolt/Apache Leader, in my opinion.

Also...I got a good deal on TAL online, but this is a one hundred dollar boardgame, with another twenty dollars for shipping. I just can't see paying that much money...no matter how great the game.

Silent Disapproval Robot

My copy has gone MIA after it shipped out from the UK.  Can't get a straight answer out of the shipping company and DVG isn't answering on KS or FB.

EDIT: I was able to get in touch with someone at DVG via phone and they took down my info and said they'd mail another copy.  Fingers crossed. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

Turns out the courier screwed up twice.  Not only did he drop it off without a signature (even though the email said it was signed for) but he went to the wrong street and the wrong street number on that street. 

The lady who lives there was kind enough to walk my package over this evening and drop it off.  Hopefully I can get in touch with DVG first thing tomorrow morning before they ship out another copy.

bbmike

^You're lucky to have such a nice neighbor. Here in DC that package would have never been seen again.  :buck2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Cyrano

This is the kind of thing that drives me nuts:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/146690/b-17-ffl-rulebook-version-2-draft

DRAFT of VERSION 2?

Whiskey the Actual Foxtrot shipped with this game?

I don't much care for solo games and this one was never in my wheelhouse, but Bruce Geryk;s "Wild Weasel" #10 turned me on to the mess that was this rulebook at launch.  I understand the distinction between procedural and more traditional rulebooks -- I far prefer the latter -- but this reads as more fundamental than that.

Between this and "Tiger Leader", it's really starting to sound like Mr. Verssen needs to slow the heck down and hire an editor or three.

I'm glad he's responding and fixing it.  That's good.  It should never have been released in such a state.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Grimnirsson

Kickstarter = fast money = poison to quality...
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm not too bothered by the changes to the rule book.  That's easy enough to print out once it's fine she'd with the editing.  It's all the mistakes on the components that disappoint me.  The cost for one of the bomber groups is incorrect on the card.  The dispersion penalty info is missing from one of the bomber group chits.  Date available for the jet fighter groups is wrong on the cards.  German tech development time is wrong on the cards and in the rule book but correct on the chits.  The game flow chart printed on the board is missing key steps.  Setup info on one of the mission cards is wrong.

DennisS

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 17, 2017, 03:55:03 PM
I'm not too bothered by the changes to the rule book.  That's easy enough to print out once it's fine she'd with the editing.  It's all the mistakes on the components that disappoint me.  The cost for one of the bomber groups is incorrect on the card.  The dispersion penalty info is missing from one of the bomber group chits.  Date available for the jet fighter groups is wrong on the cards.  German tech development time is wrong on the cards and in the rule book but correct on the chits.  The game flow chart printed on the board is missing key steps.  Setup info on one of the mission cards is wrong.

I just bought this Sunday. Can you please more clearly ID the problems? This will save me doing the research.

I DID download version 2 of the rulebook from boardgame geek...and still have to print it out and micro the original game.

Silent Disapproval Robot

You can find the errata for the components in the back of v2 of the rulebook.  I'd recommend printing an extra copy of the revised sequence of play chart and keeping that handy for playthroughs.

DennisS

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 31, 2017, 04:42:27 PM
You can find the errata for the components in the back of v2 of the rulebook.  I'd recommend printing an extra copy of the revised sequence of play chart and keeping that handy for playthroughs.

I printed out the entire version 2 rulebook, in color. I then put the entire thing in document protectors, and a small binder. I am nothing if not thorough!

I haven't edited the game itself, to take into account the errata.

I just got off work an hour ago, and don't need to go back until 6/12. This, and WWII Warfighter will keep me very busy for the next week plus! :uglystupid2:

Silent Disapproval Robot

You may want to print out the example of play from the first ed. rulebook as well since the updated .pdf rulebooks no longer contain it.

DennisS

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 02, 2017, 01:01:44 PM
You may want to print out the example of play from the first ed. rulebook as well since the updated .pdf rulebooks no longer contain it.

Will do. Good call. I did watch the 45 minute long let's play by Dan. Seems reasonably simple.