Justice League

Started by mirth, July 24, 2016, 06:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

It's hard to make fun of Aquaman after watching that trailer. That hurts my soul and upsets the natural balance of how things should be...... :-\

bayonetbrant

I want it to be good, but I've wanted every one of the DC movies to be good since they started chasing Marvel's tail and failing to catch anything.

Other than Dark Knight Returns, I've been thoroughly underwhelmed by every one of them, especially SS :(

If the could make something that approach JMD's writing on JLI back in the late 80s, I'd be all in, but then it'll get the Zach Snyder treatment and turn into a Souxsie and the Banshees video as performed by your local Rocky Horror re-enactors at a comic convention, and I'm back to being disappointed.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

JL vs Parademons. All good.

"The Aquaman" as a good ol' metal countryboy. ... ....... well, it makes sense, he's technically from Maine, grew up there.

"I'm rich."  :bd:

New Batsuit looks like updated version of 1960s TV. Not a fan of this, but I kind of understand the idea.

Wondy looking good as always (so far). Cyborg better than I was worried about so far. Flash holding up well considering he's got a lot of competition from TV's Flash built up. (The writing may be aggressively stupid on that show, but Graves is one of the several good things on it.)

The tonal adjustment hadn't really been completed with Suicide Squad, creating the janky schizophrenic writing. It looks like the tonal adjustment to THIS IS FUN DAMMIT might be closer to spec now. (With maybe too much of the DAMMIT still remaining.  ::) :P )

Of course, trailers can be deceiving. It might still be a scattershot mess.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Interested but not impressed--- yet. In order to be good as The Avengers, they have to be like the Avengers, but cannot be the same as the Avengers. Very difficult. We'll see.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

I am definitely not going to see this until I see some reviews. Not after that last mess where the trailer pulled everyone in and the trailer was better (and made more sense) than the movie. :DD
Alba gu' brath

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 25, 2017, 08:53:34 PM
"The Aquaman" as a good ol' metal countryboy. ... ....... well, it makes sense, he's technically from Maine, grew up there.

We don't like to advertise that.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Wow, I just read this. Zack Snyder has stepped down from Justice League to deal with the suicide death of his 20 yr old daughter. Joss Whedon is taking over for re-shoots and finishing it up.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/zack-snyder-leaves-justice-league-after-family-tragedy-1795446522

http://io9.gizmodo.com/turns-out-joss-whedon-has-been-working-on-justice-leagu-1795582589

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

Whedon's on board? Damn, it might be worth seeing now.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

BanzaiCat

Meh.

Aquaman is still gay.

I've been burned by DC movie trailers being far, far more interesting and fun than the movie they purport to represent, so if that line continues, this movie is going to blow harder than either of the Superman movies.

Sir Slash

Also not impressed. But they are trying hard. I thought they way they did Daredevil on Netflix would've made a great early Batman type of series. Very similar stories without the blindness. But Daredevil was done so well, you really come to identify with the character. A element still lacking from the DC stories.

BanzaiCat

I wonder if Whedon can save the flick or if it's too far gone.

Steelgrave

Meh indeed. The scenes with Wonder Woman are the only ones that made me take notice. Gadot was born to play WW, a character I never had much interest in before.

BanzaiCat

There's only so much slo-mo action you can do before you start thinking, "okay, we get it already...please stop." I couldn't get through but half of Wonder Woman because it was AAALLLLLL slo-mo action.  ::)

When The Matrix did it in 1999 it was cool, but that was 18 years ago, DC. Stick with animated movies and TV shows.

Steelgrave

You didn't care much for Spider Man:Homecoming either as I recall. You know you can catch Matlock and Gunsmoke reruns on cable now, right   ;)