Origins 2017 (June 14-18), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Will Mirth even make it there this year?  I think this is the dashcam video of him getting pulled over on the way last year, isn't it?

*Mod Edit*  SUPER NSFW

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Sounds like me, but I was never excited about watching a Bill Clinton speech.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Got the hotel room, now I just need the badge and the generics.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Alrighty, Thudpuckers!

The official Origins event matrix is live on their website, and we've got 67(!) events we're running over 3-1/2 days

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

bbmike

So, if one of us thudpuckers(?) wanted to join in on one of those 67 events do we just show up and pay generic tokens? Do we per-register for them?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

You can pre-register for specific events, but that has not opened yet on their website
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

You can also just show up with generics, but ticketed players have priority

bayonetbrant

This year, we capped our event numbers lower so our fill rates won't look so crappy. So there's a limited number of tickets for our events. But we've NEVER turned away a player w generics because a game was 'full'. We always make space

airboy

I've not gotten a hotel room yet.  I'm thinking about the airport area and just driving in every day. 

Thoughts?

bayonetbrant

it's a very easy drive in down 670 from the airport

mirth

It's only 13 hours from my place to Columbus!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Only 11 or so hours drive from my house! 
Unlike Mirth, I have a pool and alcohol that has not been drunk!