Main Menu

Real Coffee

Started by besilarius, May 27, 2016, 06:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

bbmike

I've know some people that refuse to even wash the carafe.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

besilarius

True Story.
2B Boiler Room personnel on Farragut, about 1976, started acting strange.  They were speeding up in their speech and their actions.
It must be drugs everyone thought.
So CID came onboard to do an inspection.  It had to be amphetamines!
Well, the space had a coffee mess.  The kid who always volunteered to clean the urn did not like coffee.  So he'd take it up to the mess decks and just rinse it out.  Not scrub like he was supposed to.
They found a pile of coffee sludge that was at least four inches deep.  The BTs all thought it tasted great.
Oh, and it turned out the whole division was suffering from caffeine poisoning.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"

JasonPratt

Jeez, I've suffered caffeine poisoning at least twice -- under the same circumstances, too, that I recall: chugging several tall glasses of Mountain Dew after exceptionally busy nights teaching fencing and fighting duels. The squad would go eat hamburgers at a local greasy-spoon / bar after practice, and being thirsty from a lot of anaerobic exercise I made the mistake of not really paying attention to my drinking habit.

It definitely did not make me act and talk faster; my nervous system almost shut down instead. It was not an experience I would willingly repeat -- except being stupid and kind of gluttonous I did repeat it about a year later.  ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

https://babylonbee.com/news/decaf-coffee-condemned-as-heresy      :)

> Theology > Decaf Coffee Condemned As Heresy
Theology
Decaf Coffee Condemned As Heresy
November 2nd, 2018

Shares
75.4kSHARE
10.1kSHARE
ST LOUIS, MO—In an ecumenical council convened in St. Louis last week, the use of decaf coffee was condemned as rank heresy.

The evangelical summit unanimously voted to define as heresy the "belief that decaf coffee is of any value, and good for anything other than being trampled under foot."

"It is a wolf in sheep's clothing. It devours the unsuspecting. It doesn't even taste good, for crying out loud," said renowned New Testament scholar NT Wright during the summit. "I call on Christians of all stripes to forcefully reject this imposter gospel."

The council rejected a motion to name Keurig K-cups anathema, claiming the use of such brewers falls under the umbrella of "Christian liberty." Pumpkin spice was also almost condemned, but that motion was narrowly defeated by the summit's female attendees.

Non-alcoholic beer was also condemned at the summit.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

airboy

Amen Brother!

When will "lite beer is evil" be addressed?