GMT COIN Wargames

Started by bayonetbrant, March 11, 2016, 09:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

We're going to run some events at Origins.  Leaning toward Liberty or Death (as the new one) for the smaller games, and A Distant Plain as the team game.

What do you guys think?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Cyrano

LoD is the new hotness and a fairly brilliant game.  So, on both counts, no-brainer.

I think Cuba Libre is actually the best of the others, but folks do love them some Fire in the Lake.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

The no-brainer past about it is that it might not be in sick for our events to double as a showcase to help sell copies...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Quote from: Cyrano on March 13, 2016, 12:06:01 AM
LoD is the new hotness and a fairly brilliant game.  So, on both counts, no-brainer.

I think Cuba Libre is actually the best of the others, but folks do love them some Fire in the Lake.

If someone doesn't like the most recent flavor, they shouldn't worry.  There will be another along in three months.   :P

bayonetbrant

Pretty much, since Algeria and Roman France are next

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 13, 2016, 06:21:49 AM
Pretty much, since Algeria and Roman France are next

... and then Roman Britain... and ... others.  Already on the planner.  :o

Interesting system & all.  I just hope their constant printing of new ones isn't holding up other P500s waiting to head there.  :-\

Barthheart

Really looking forward to the Roman Britain one.... even though I haven't played any of the others yet.....

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on March 13, 2016, 07:31:22 AM
Really looking forward to the Roman Britain one.... even though I haven't played any of the others yet.....

I pre-ordered Fire In The Lake.  Still haven't got around to doing much with it other than punching the few counters.

Would've been more interested in the Gallic War or Roman Britain one, too.  Not sure if I'll jump on them without having played the one I already own.

Arctic Blast

I've got a copy of A Distant Plain that I scored in a math trade. I'll get to it at some point.  :))

Cyrano

I have all of them that are out and the others on pre-order.

They may become the definitive "oh, look, so much awesome game and no one to play it with" games in my collection as my group can only bear so much COIN before I get the gimlet eye.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

TacticalWargames

I'm looking forward to the Pendragon game out next year.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Cyrano on March 13, 2016, 10:24:53 PM
I have all of them that are out and the others on pre-order.

They may become the definitive "oh, look, so much awesome game and no one to play it with" games in my collection as my group can only bear so much COIN before I get the gimlet eye.

They play pretty well with Vassal. Happy to get a game going sometime.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Cyrano

@AzTank -- A GH "FitL" would be pretty awesome, I think me.

@Brant -- Now that Mssr. Buchanan is bumping around here, mebbe he hooks you up with one of the now OOP "VoDs".  Makes it hard to demo something you can't buy just about anywhere.

bayonetbrant

We've got several playing copies of LOD lined up for Origins, and Enterprise Games has a stick they're bringing along

HBuchanan2

Let me know how I can help.  Happy to connect for a vassal/Skype walk through.
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.