The Lordz Games Studio strikes a licence deal on Check Your 6!

Started by Lord Zimoa, February 01, 2016, 06:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: mkivcs on February 21, 2018, 03:24:41 PM
Yes sorry to say have to say this one is slowly dropping down the list. The British planes look a bit like someone has applied the 10% Thomas the tank engine filter. Presume the intention is to reflect the games model based origins and might work better in game but as standalone image it does not work for me unfortunately. (I wish it did as someone who brought Achtung Spitfire a long time ago.) Probably great if you are a fan of the game but if not I'm not sure how appealing it is to people coming to the game without this background.

The aircraft graphics look like pics of painted minis to me. 

You're right, in that they look rather cartoony or smeared in digital form.  I originally assumed it was due to low-end tablet compatibility needs, but not sure.

Staggerwing

The front of the Hurricane in that linked thread looks a bit like that of a Fiat G.55 or Macchi C205. It slopes too much.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Capn Darwin

Has anyone heard if there is going to be any mod support for the game? I really want to fix some of the skin problems. Tweaking models would be great, but that might be too much trouble with the latest unity based game builds.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Philippe

If we're stuck with the vanilla graphics, the game may have moved over to the don't bother list.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

bbmike

Wow, seems kind of harsh.  It's not like they are Bomber Crew graphics.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Quote from: Barthheart on March 12, 2018, 10:41:52 AM
Release is this Wednesday March 14th!  :D

No interesting games should be released during the first 2 weekends of the NCAA Tournament. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

Did they fix the issue with the game map moving around randomly if there is a joystick or throttle plugged in to the PC?

Barthheart

Basketball is second only to soccer as the most boring sport on the planet, followed closely by baseball.  :buck2:

This will make the weekends interesting.  O0

Gusington

I personally really dislike the glorification of The Thug Life[tm] glorified by the NBA. I enjoy college basketball [and football].

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 12, 2018, 02:18:20 PM
Did they fix the issue with the game map moving around randomly if there is a joystick or throttle plugged in to the PC?

Yes, by unplugging the offending peripheral device.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Probably should. I am the one who has secretly been making your games randomly scroll.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Silent Disapproval Robot

mirth