Tabletop Simulator - Grogheads Gaming Club

Started by Bison, December 28, 2015, 08:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Works very well for card games.  I play Legendary Encounters: Alien and Star Wars LCG on it. 

BanzaiCat

Damn, I loved LE: Alien the one time I played it.

I'd buy TS now if we weren't so tight budget-wise.

Nefaro

Nefaro

Oh, damn! 

I noticed someone made a Federation Commander: Klingon Border module.    :nerd:   :)   

And a derivative SFB one, although I don't plan on revisiting that one now that the newer, more streamlined, FC exists.

Some other prime candidates for multi-player (and less rules-heavy in most cases too):

Kingmaker   Multi-player classic!  War of the Roses; gain titles/troops/powah(!) and make a grab for the throne.   

1775: Rebellion  2-4 (2 teams); Area Control, card driven orders, fairly simple. Fighty!

Down In Flames: Aces High  Air Combat Card Game. 

Zombicide / Zombozoide 2.0  Co-operative.  Scenario-based zompocalypse loot/kill-fest.  Quite simple, "beer + pretzels".

Shogun/Samurai Swords/Ikusa Area Control.  Many are probably familiar with this oldie.  My favorite of the whole MB series of it's time.

Smash Up Trick Taking card game.  Pick two faction decks (e.g. Ninja Vampires, Steampunk Aliens, etc) and play their unique FU/combos.

Legendary Encounters: Alien Co-op deck builder.  Would like to see if this is similarly fun in multi.

Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn head-to-head LCG with some dice-based resource management.

Polis: Fight For the Hegemony Area & Resource control.  1v1.  Peloponnesian War.

Defenders of the Realm Co-operative area control - tower defense style.  Character based, unique powers.

The more difficult, or much longer ones:

Space Empires 4x As it sounds.  This one could take quite awhile to play!

Mage Wars: Arena OR Academy  LCG monster game.  Not for faint-hearted.

Chaos In The Old World  Area Control.  Each player is one of the Chaos Gods in Warhammer Fantasy Old World.  Unique powers for each.

Sword Of Rome  Area control wargame.  Early Roman Republic period.  Unique factions, card driven.

Merchants & Marauders Caribbean pirate/merchant sandbox.  May as well be called, "Sid Meier's Pirates! The Board Game".

Eldritch Horror When you want to co-operate in your own Lovecraftian devolution into injuries & insanity, for hours, because you're a masochist gamer.

Assets for current Sekigahara GMT block/card-driven game are incomplete.  But I hear scuttlebutt that a new replacement will be on TTS before long.  Love that one for 1v1, and the rules are pretty easy to boot.  O0

JasonPratt

1775 looks interesting. I also have the TTS module for the GMT COIN American Revolution game (which is certainly more complex).

Plus I have a curious TTS module called Supply Lines of the American Revolution: the Northern Theater; which, as you might guess from the title, focuses on logistics as the key element of winning or losing the revolution. (In the Northern Theater, per the title again. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 01, 2017, 02:15:19 PM
1775 looks interesting. I also have the TTS module for the GMT COIN American Revolution game (which is certainly more complex).

Plus I have a curious TTS module called Supply Lines of the American Revolution: the Northern Theater; which, as you might guess from the title, focuses on logistics as the key element of winning or losing the revolution. (In the Northern Theater, per the title again. ;) )

You do know that 1775 is on Steam. It can be played with or without AI.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

I had totally forgotten; it's even on my wishlist!

Edited to add: now on my sale-buy epilogue list.  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

BC - how come we aren't "pals" on Steam??

I won't be able to play anything tonight. I'm too tired from last night  >:D
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 01, 2017, 02:39:51 PM
BC - how come we aren't "pals" on Steam??

I won't be able to play anything tonight. I'm too tired from last night  >:D

We are pals...I changed my name on there a while back. I put it right just now.

I probably won't be able to get into anything until on or after July 10, but I'd love to play you (and SDR) at a game of SW: R. :)

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

W8taminute

I have TTS.  I like to play:

1. SW Rebellion
2. Twilight Imperium 3rd edition
3. War of the Ring
4. Forbidden Stars

If anyone is interested in playing these games let's make arrangements for a session or two.

Peace
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Silent Disapproval Robot

W8taminute

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 04, 2017, 03:30:18 PM
I'm up for SW: Rebellion.

Cool.  I know you're on the west coast and I'm on the east.  I usually am free from 9pm to 10:30pm my time during the week.  Weekends are a bit more flexible. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 04, 2017, 03:30:18 PM
I'm up for SW: Rebellion.

SDR: let's get to this the weekend after next. Want to try? Finally? ;)