Honorverse fans?

Started by bayonetbrant, October 28, 2015, 05:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Brant, if its not too late, you may want to look over the FAQ section for Honorverse.  Some interesting tidbit there, including his statement that the Peoples Republic of Haven is the United States. 

http://www.davidweber.net/faqs/index/page:1/series:3
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Podcast recorded - it'll be a while before we're ready to release it.

And yes, they're working on an operational-level game for the Honorverse.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

That's great to hear Brant.

Was this the Bureau 9 folks.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Pres of Bu9 and head of TRMN
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 31, 2015, 03:52:38 PM
Podcast recorded - it'll be a while before we're ready to release it.

And yes, they're working on an operational-level game for the Honorverse.

Awesome on both counts!

Staggerwing

Is the game going to be electronic or tabletop?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

I'm a few chapters into On Basilisk Station, good stuff.  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: mirth on November 03, 2015, 11:27:34 AM

Awesome, glad you're getting into it!

mirth

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on November 03, 2015, 10:57:49 PM
Quote from: mirth on November 03, 2015, 11:27:34 AM

Awesome, glad you're getting into it!

Already I want to game in that universe. Has anyone played Saganami Island?

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/17022/saganami-island-tactical-simulator
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

show up at Honorcon some year and you can play it with a group

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 08, 2015, 08:41:43 PM

Or you can run it at Huzzah! in 2016 :P

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on November 08, 2015, 08:47:53 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 08, 2015, 08:41:43 PM

Or you can run it at Huzzah! in 2016 :P

there's a greater chance of me attending Honorcon in 2016 than Huzzah in 2016.  But I can talk to TRMN and Bu9 guys and see if anyone's up there.

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 08, 2015, 09:03:47 PM
there's a greater chance of me attending Honorcon in 2016 than Huzzah in 2016.

You'd have way more fun at Huzzah.

bayonetbrant

I'd spend way more money at Huzzah.  I can sleep in my own bed, and I don't even need to burn gas to get to HonorCon as it's fewer than 5 minutes by bike from my place :)

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 08, 2015, 09:08:26 PM
I'd spend way more money at Huzzah.  I can sleep in my own bed, and I don't even need to burn gas to get to HonorCon as it's fewer than 5 minutes by bike from my place :)

You get to Portland and I'll pay for the strippers. And cause it's you, I'll make sure they're female.