Author Topic: "This is the Chinese navy ... You go!"  (Read 27468 times)

Offline Steelgrave

• Sgt-at-Arms
  • Global Moderator
  • Blunderbuster
Re: "This is the Chinese navy ... You go!"
« Reply #255 on: June 21, 2016, 08:43:19 PM »

If you shaved Donald Trump's a$$ and made him walk backwards, it would look like this pic.
"Nice job, Steelie. I think you've offended everyone in this thread"  O0  .......Mirth

"When you die, may Hugh Hefner's life pass before your eyes"....traditional Irish blessing

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #256 on: June 21, 2016, 08:46:45 PM »

If you shaved Donald Trump's a$$ and made him walk backwards, it would look like this pic.

You didn't say the Magic Word...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Offline Steelgrave

• Sgt-at-Arms
  • Global Moderator
  • Blunderbuster
« Reply #257 on: June 21, 2016, 08:47:43 PM »
please? Or are you talking about Star's "safe" word???
"Nice job, Steelie. I think you've offended everyone in this thread"  O0  .......Mirth

"When you die, may Hugh Hefner's life pass before your eyes"....traditional Irish blessing

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #258 on: June 21, 2016, 08:52:00 PM »
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Offline Ubercat

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #259 on: June 22, 2016, 06:41:26 AM »
I actually got in trouble for supposedly not reporting the flight deck guys for throwing big barrels of paint overboard.

I was standing man overboard watch on the port quarter. I had a life preserver (for throwing to a man overboard), a dye thingamajig (for marking the spot where the man went overboard), and a sound powered phone (for calling the bridge to report the man overboard).

An Airdale came down from the flight deck and told me that they were going to throw some scrap metal over the side, so I shouldn't get concerned when I saw some splashes. I said "that's fine". A few minutes later, 3 big barrels (50 gallons each?) of paint land in the water. These dirtbags didn't feel like re-stowing the paint when they were done with it, so they just tossed it. The lids immediately popped off all 3 cans (surely not anticipated by the scumballs) and 3 big nasty oil based paint slicks immediately spread over the water (3 different colors).

I immediately got on the phone to report it but wasn't allowed to get the words out. The BM2 monitoring the phones on the bridge just repeatedly yelled at me to keep my mouth shut unless I saw a man overboard. Five minutes later some chief showed up at my watch station to yell at me for not reporting the guys.  :tickedoff: He absolutely refused to believe that I had tried and so I had to go to "Captains Mast". Fortunately I was able to avoid punishment because I hadn't been formally checked out on the watch, which just meant that I signed some checklist to prove that I knew what to do with all the equipment that I listed earlier in this post.
Numbers 31:17-18
"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Psalm 137:9
"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."

Offline Gusington

• The Pantsless Horseman
  • Global Moderator
  • Musketeer
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2016, 07:04:43 AM »
Hopefully you used the magic word.
Quite.

Offline Sir Slash

• Crossbowman
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2016, 10:10:54 AM »
I remember that. It happened in the.... RED Sea, right?  ;D  Or was it the YELLOW Sea? Or BLACK, or WHITE or.... WHATEVER.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Sir Slash

• Crossbowman
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #263 on: July 12, 2016, 07:55:54 AM »
Well that should make them pack-up and head back to Shang-hai right away.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Boggit

• Landsknecht
  • Review Scribe
« Reply #264 on: July 12, 2016, 10:02:15 AM »
So what to do now?  Of course this will be ignored.

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/no-legal-basis-for-china-to-claim-historic-rights-to-resources-in-sea-areas-within-nine#xtor=CS1-10

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/live-blog-the-hague-ruling-on-the-south-china-sea-dispute#xtor=CS1-10
At least the non-Chinese powers are trying to resolve things peaceably. Vietnam comes out of the diplomatic row very well. But I fear you are right. I cannot see China holding back for long on its Imperial ambitions. Let's not forget that this is a country which is not democratic, and for whom the rule of law is a flexible notion.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Offline jomni

• Crossbowman
« Reply #265 on: July 12, 2016, 04:16:12 PM »
Even Taiwan is not backing down on claims.  I guess the 9-dash line is a Kuomintang concoction.

Offline Boggit

• Landsknecht
  • Review Scribe
« Reply #266 on: July 13, 2016, 01:51:49 PM »
Even Taiwan is not backing down on claims.  I guess the 9-dash line is a Kuomintang concoction.
Well good for them! O0

We all know how appeasement went in the 1930's. It's good "against the will of the people" that other South East Asian countries are standing up for themselves against a despotic imperialist power the People's Republic of China. Not that it's run for the benefit of the Party Úlite and their friends. That would be a de facto pseudo aristocracy in charge ;) ::)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot

Offline Steelgrave

• Sgt-at-Arms
  • Global Moderator
  • Blunderbuster
« Reply #269 on: April 18, 2017, 07:49:56 AM »
I'm sure the Chinese will feel better when they remember Japan has no aircraft carriers....officially.