"This is the Chinese navy ... You go!"

Started by mirth, May 21, 2015, 03:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Quote from: Barthheart on June 21, 2016, 07:44:12 PM

If you shaved Donald Trump's a$$ and made him walk backwards, it would look like this pic.

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on June 21, 2016, 09:43:19 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 21, 2016, 07:44:12 PM

If you shaved Donald Trump's a$$ and made him walk backwards, it would look like this pic.

You didn't say the Magic Word...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

please? Or are you talking about Star's "safe" word???

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Ubercat

I actually got in trouble for supposedly not reporting the flight deck guys for throwing big barrels of paint overboard.

I was standing man overboard watch on the port quarter. I had a life preserver (for throwing to a man overboard), a dye thingamajig (for marking the spot where the man went overboard), and a sound powered phone (for calling the bridge to report the man overboard).

An Airdale came down from the flight deck and told me that they were going to throw some scrap metal over the side, so I shouldn't get concerned when I saw some splashes. I said "that's fine". A few minutes later, 3 big barrels (50 gallons each?) of paint land in the water. These dirtbags didn't feel like re-stowing the paint when they were done with it, so they just tossed it. The lids immediately popped off all 3 cans (surely not anticipated by the scumballs) and 3 big nasty oil based paint slicks immediately spread over the water (3 different colors).

I immediately got on the phone to report it but wasn't allowed to get the words out. The BM2 monitoring the phones on the bridge just repeatedly yelled at me to keep my mouth shut unless I saw a man overboard. Five minutes later some chief showed up at my watch station to yell at me for not reporting the guys.  :tickedoff: He absolutely refused to believe that I had tried and so I had to go to "Captains Mast". Fortunately I was able to avoid punishment because I hadn't been formally checked out on the watch, which just meant that I signed some checklist to prove that I knew what to do with all the equipment that I listed earlier in this post.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I remember that. It happened in the.... RED Sea, right?  ;D  Or was it the YELLOW Sea? Or BLACK, or WHITE or.... WHATEVER.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

Well that should make them pack-up and head back to Shang-hai right away.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

Quote from: jomni on July 12, 2016, 06:00:52 AM
So what to do now?  Of course this will be ignored.

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/no-legal-basis-for-china-to-claim-historic-rights-to-resources-in-sea-areas-within-nine#xtor=CS1-10

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/live-blog-the-hague-ruling-on-the-south-china-sea-dispute#xtor=CS1-10
At least the non-Chinese powers are trying to resolve things peaceably. Vietnam comes out of the diplomatic row very well. But I fear you are right. I cannot see China holding back for long on its Imperial ambitions. Let's not forget that this is a country which is not democratic, and for whom the rule of law is a flexible notion.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

jomni

Even Taiwan is not backing down on claims.  I guess the 9-dash line is a Kuomintang concoction.

Boggit

Quote from: jomni on July 12, 2016, 05:16:12 PM
Even Taiwan is not backing down on claims.  I guess the 9-dash line is a Kuomintang concoction.
Well good for them! O0

We all know how appeasement went in the 1930's. It's good "against the will of the people" that other South East Asian countries are standing up for themselves against a despotic imperialist power the People's Republic of China. Not that it's run for the benefit of the Party élite and their friends. That would be a de facto pseudo aristocracy in charge ;) ::)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

mirth

mirth

Steelgrave

I'm sure the Chinese will feel better when they remember Japan has no aircraft carriers....officially.