The X-Files...back this summer

Started by steve58, March 24, 2015, 01:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I didn't dislike the Doggett character; I just didn't like the situation the story had dragged into by then. (Actually, I usually like that actor, ever since he was the T-1000 in Terminator 2. I seem to recall one of the eps joking a little in that direction.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ghostryder

One of the dumbest episodes of all time was during last year's season. Some lizardman/human. Mulder investigates the human--thinking it was akin to wolfman...human turns lizard---the kick was in the end it was exposed the lizard was his true self and once bitten he turned human. He then shacks mulder's hand and walks off to 'hibernate' for 2000 years.

That episode was corny stupid from start to finish...and no way holds up to the old series.

JasonPratt

Sadly, that was one of the few I watched. It was truly painful. Nowhere near even the mediocre humor episodes of the past (much less near the best humor eps).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

NOTE: the series (nor the films, only the first of which is really any good) does not appear to be on American Netflix anymore. (In other nations, I have no idea.)

It's available to purchase or rent from Amazon Video, but unless you're going to just test a few eps, I think you're going to be better off buying the seasons on Blu -- even if you only rented the critical ep list.

Sir Slash

New Season premier tonight-- did not impress me.  >:(   We're back to the Alien/Virus/Apocalypse thing again. But..... Scully's still hot at least.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 03, 2018, 11:54:37 PM
New Season premier tonight-- did not impress me.  >:(   We're back to the Alien/Virus/Apocalypse thing again. But..... Scully's still hot at least.

Haven't watched it. I wouldn't mind it legitimately being back to the "Mytharc", but the showrunners actively insulted the fan base about that last season, and I have no preliminary reason to trust them now. (Cue series tag line here. ;) ) If I hear better about it by the end of the season, I'll give it a try again: I do like the property.

...Christ this sounds like my most recent post on The Last Jedi (again)...  :uglystupid2: L:-) :))

besilarius

We're all getting older...

And crankier.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

bayonetbrant

wasn't a big fan the first time thru, haven't watched the reboot

but I saw this quip online that I thought was funny

"we've been lied to all along...  cigarettes clearly keep you alive and in perfect stasis for decades!"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

OK. So first two episodes were the expected Alien Virus Conspiracy crap but tonight.... No, back to what they do best, the scary, weird, funny occult thing. And it was great until..... They just had to go there. Mulder and Scully are sharing a quiet moment together pondering their future and Mulder quips, "And a President who's trying to destroy the FBI". Scully adds, "We'll probably lose our jobs". Booooo! Leave your damned politics out of my entertainment you preachy Bitches!  :tickedoff:   I'm used to the old show being edgy with an occasional veiled, snarky comment about things in America but these washed-out actors have no business dumping their Hollywood superiority attitudes on me, their consumer/ client. Chris Carter wrote this episode himself so he's got no excuse either. Like the guy said in the show, "Tell it to the hand G-Man".
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.