What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

I have a lot of experience when it comes to adding just one more game to the to be played pile.  Someday...someday will have played them all...unless I buy just one more game...

mirth

I've stopped doing the math on what I own versus  what I will likely play in this lifetime.

Bison

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 15, 2017, 09:33:56 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 13, 2017, 09:24:30 PM
Days of the Fox is the lightest.  Not much in it compared to the others.  Normandy adds a campaign and some new decks but it's mostly more of the same kind you get in the base game.

Fair enough. I won't go down that rabbit hole until I know I really enjoy the game.

I did get Fury of the Bear. It was on sale on Amazon for about $53 for a while, then suddenly today it dropped to $31. I had a bit of Amazon credit left so I thought it would be silly to pass that up, especially since you recommended it.

I like the game quite a bit but it's heavy as hell to lug around and setup is a bit of a chore. 

As that you selling all your X-Wing loot on Wargamer's Marketplace? 

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on December 15, 2017, 11:29:58 PM
I've stopped doing the math on what I own versus  what I will likely play in this lifetime.

I quite like Budd's signature where he says he's in the wargaming middle ground, he's not buying every game he wants, just more than he needs :hug:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 16, 2017, 12:39:02 AM

Yep, that's me. Already sold all the unopened stuff. The Feldherr MAXI case that's loaded to the brim is the next thing to go, I hope. I've had a couple of inquiries but no bites yet. I'd like to think 300 US is a fair price for all that stuff, unplayed and pretty much untouched (I hope, anyway), considering it's all about 400+ otherwise.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on December 15, 2017, 10:53:39 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 15, 2017, 10:52:17 PM
I also ran the math and it equaled one more game added to the unplayed but needs to be played eventually pile!  :D

That's advanced math.

More like managerial accounting, which is rooted in the algebraic ratio of unicorns to leprechauns, but not as confusing as Advanced Squad Leader CRT calculations.

undercovergeek

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 16, 2017, 10:18:52 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 16, 2017, 12:39:02 AM

Yep, that's me. Already sold all the unopened stuff. The Feldherr MAXI case that's loaded to the brim is the next thing to go, I hope. I've had a couple of inquiries but no bites yet. I'd like to think 300 US is a fair price for all that stuff, unplayed and pretty much untouched (I hope, anyway), considering it's all about 400+ otherwise.

X wing not for you?

BanzaiCat

Not that it's not for me. I collected them fully intending to play, but just never got around to it. I ended up collecting one here, two there, over the years, and finally put the brakes on last year. Since I wasn't playing it I knew I'd need to try to sell it at some point so I left most of it untouched.

The game is brilliant and the minis are flippin' beautifully detailed. It's just not something I've managed to get into play-wise is all.

Bison

Yeah it's better to just go with wings of glory.  :)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on December 16, 2017, 10:27:22 AM
Yeah it's better to just go with wings of glory.  :)

%**@$, Bison. Not helping. :P