What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Nice. You have the minis to back that up? I remember you talking about that before but I had no idea what it was until now.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 10, 2017, 06:40:33 PM
Nice. You have the minis to back that up? I remember you talking about that before but I had no idea what it was until now.

I don't but the guys in my group do. We play big battles 2-3 times a year.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 10, 2017, 06:38:32 PM
Gliders from the Sky

That sounds like a neat little game: http://www.hfdgames.com/gliders.html

Did you splurge for the mounted counters?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

I do have mounted counters coming, yes.  O:-)

High Flying Dice Games strikes me as an anomaly because they do games on subjects not explored, such as their Raid on Astrakhan one (can't recall the title, but that's cool as hell in my book). Both Gliders and St. George's are older titles but I'd never heard of them and they should be great review titles.

bob48

I played the Brigade level a long time ago but never tried the Regimental level. Be interested to know how it plays.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bob48 on August 11, 2017, 06:24:32 AM
I played the Brigade level a long time ago but never tried the Regimental level. Be interested to know how it plays.

Sure you did...at Waterloo. But he's talking about a game, here, not your experiences with the Old Guard. ;D

bob48

'Clip those corners'

BanzaiCat

Yeah, yeah, it was probably Wellington, but Old Guard sounded funnier in my mind. ;)

bob48

Silly old BC. :crazy2:

Happy Birthday  <:-)

'Clip those corners'

BanzaiCat

Nefaro

All kinds of stuff coming in lately.

Fields of Fire 2nd edition and Techno Bowl are on the table, in the growing counter punching to-do list.

BanzaiCat

We'll have an unboxing video for Techno Bowl on the YouTube channel on Monday (as long as that hasn't changed since you told me last, Brant).

GJK

My table should look the same soon - FoF2 on the way and Techno is actually set up on the table now but TGTLH* didn't actually sit to play after saying she would so I need to pick it up to make room for other stuff.  To be honest, I think I'll enjoy Blood Bowl much more as a game but stole some ideas from Techno for it; I purchased a neoprene mat pitch (similar style to Techno) and I'm also making wooden 1" blocks for all the Blood Bowl teams. Actually purchasing the new Blood Bowl set and teams would cost a small fortune- this way I'll have all the teams and a mat that cost $20 and is very portable.

*That Girl That Lives Here
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Nefaro

I was rather surprised GMT sent Fields Of Fire via 2-day shipping.   ???

Makes me wonder whether mine was near the end of their long shipping period for it, to make up for comparable lost time, or whether they just sent them all that way.

Pinetree

I've heard GMT pick a random letter when it's time to ship and then follow alphabetically from there. When I got Silver Bayonet, they charged me the lowest rate and then sent it via UPS air which is the most expensive. Got here in 7 days, that included being held up for 2 days due to earthquake and floods. They charged me the lowest rate again with FoF so I'm hoping it's the same deal.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."