Main Menu

Cities: Skylines

Started by Grim.Reaper, March 06, 2015, 07:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Thanks fer the input JD..... my poor wallet.....  :P

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 10, 2015, 04:05:38 PM
I'm so busy pleasing everyone, I run out of money and my planning is pretty poor.

Running out of money is good.  It never happens to me in any SimCity.

JudgeDredd

Some screenies for you showing various info screens and graphics

Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Thanks for those.  O0

In that last picture, way is the ground around the buildings blue/greyish instead of green? Is the grass dying?  ???

undercovergeek

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:smitten:

Bison

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on March 10, 2015, 07:23:38 PM
Thanks for those.  O0

In that last picture, way is the ground around the buildings blue/greyish instead of green? Is the grass dying?  ???
Business - I'm guessing here, but the buildings around there are commercial and industrial...so maybe an effect from pollution?
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

By the way - that little "tweet" thing isn't as annoying as I thought it would be personally. It just feeds some info back and actually kind of gives a bit of life to the area.

Some are innocuous and some are game related. For example, one said "Going on holiday and would like someone to water my plants" whilst another said "Thank goodness for then free fire alarms from the city - saved my bacon this morning" or something to that effect.

The first one gives a kind of nice, friendly sense to your city, the other shows a policy to give out Fire Alarms is working. I haven't noticed any being particularly repetitive - though again, it's early doors.

I played this until gone midnight last night (started about 8) and enjoyed every bit of it - so far.
Alba gu' brath

Capn Darwin

Good to see that city design has not slipped into the dark pit of anatomical dirty bits. Yet.  >:D
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 11, 2015, 01:37:46 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on March 10, 2015, 07:23:38 PM
Thanks for those.  O0

Business - I'm guessing here, but the buildings around there are commercial and industrial...so maybe an effect from pollution?

Ahhhh... or maybe just to show it's industrial land, pavement and such....

Zulu1966

Seems to be getting rave reviews on steam - that normally rabid moan-fest.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

WallysWorld

This person gives a good review of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSazQTA7PSo

I'm really tempted to buy this.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

JudgeDredd

Currently - I'd find it hard to dissuade you.  :)
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

I'm loving the vibrant colours - gives it a Lego vibe

If I wasn't working tonight it'd be this and CMBS on the download