Main Menu

Cities: Skylines

Started by Grim.Reaper, March 06, 2015, 07:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Quote from: Rayfer on January 05, 2016, 03:43:21 PM
Anyone still playing this? Just now getting around to playing and am finding it difficult to get out of deficit spending. In other words, I keep running out of money. Any helpful tips? Thanks.

If you have any expensive unique building you can turn them off. That will save you some money. depending on your police, fire, power, water coverage you can try shutting some of those buildings off as well.

Not sure where you are at but its really easy to overbuild early on, especially when it comes to roads. If you built roads in areas you haven't yet expanded to try demoing them and rebuilding them later.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Martok

I've been experiencing an odd...bug, maybe?...where I can't click on anything unless my mouse cursor is below what I want to click on.  Anyone else have this problem? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

WallysWorld

Quote from: Martok on January 06, 2016, 06:05:41 AM
I've been experiencing an odd...bug, maybe?...where I can't click on anything unless my mouse cursor is below what I want to click on.  Anyone else have this problem?
I remember having that happening to me too. IIRC To get out of that issue, I click on the bulldozer button, bulldoze some clear area and then everything works after that.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Martok

Thanks WallysWorld.  I'll give that a try. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Rayfer

Quote from: Kushan on January 05, 2016, 10:16:26 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on January 05, 2016, 03:43:21 PM
Anyone still playing this? Just now getting around to playing and am finding it difficult to get out of deficit spending. In other words, I keep running out of money. Any helpful tips? Thanks.

If you have any expensive unique building you can turn them off. That will save you some money. depending on your police, fire, power, water coverage you can try shutting some of those buildings off as well.

Not sure where you are at but its really easy to overbuild early on, especially when it comes to roads. If you built roads in areas you haven't yet expanded to try demoing them and rebuilding them later.

Thanks...that's exactly what I was doing wrong, overbuilding too early, especially roads.  Got a better city going now.

WallysWorld

Build too fast and grow your city too fast and at one point, you'll probably get a wave of citizens passing away in a short time period.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

jomni

Quote from: WallysWorld on January 06, 2016, 06:44:15 PM
Build too fast and grow your city too fast and at one point, you'll probably get a wave of citizens passing away in a short time period.

:) need to build more cemeteries

steve58

Cities: Skylines Announces New "Snowfall" Expansion

Snowfall will include:

Now is the Winter of This Content: Rain and fog for existing maps, plus a new "Winter" map theme with snow and all of its challenges
The Streetcars You Desire: Expanded public transportation options, including easier management of existing lines – and Trams, a new system demanded by fans
World Warmth, Too: Cold weather increases demands for electricity, unless new water-based heat systems are in place
Plowers to the People: Build a snowplow depot to keep traffic flowing during winter weather, and employ new road maintenance systems to keep your streets in shape
New Chirps: #yeahthereare

...haven't seen a price on it yet.

A bit more info in their forum
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

WallysWorld

Nice! That's definitely a buy for me.

WallysWorld

Release date set!

Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games for people who like to chill, today announced that the newest expansion to Cities: Skylines will be released on February 18th, 2016. Cities: Skylines, the award-winning city-building game from Colossal Order, will receive a flurry of new weather-related features in the "Snowfall" expansion. The new content will release this month on Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs, and will be available from digital retailers everywhere for $12.99.

In Snowfall, a new in-game temperature system will keep mayor-players on their toes. When the snow starts to fall, the roads will need to be kept clear, and buildings will need to be heated. Residents will also have the chance to visit new winter parks and landmarks available in Snowfall, along with an all-new tram system to get them across town in all sorts of weather. These features will arrive alongside free updates for all Cities: Skylines players when Snowfall launches on February 18th.

Players who are watching the skies for more details can find an ongoing Developer Diary series from Colossal Order on the Paradox Forums: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/official-information-announcements.878/

steve58

Just saw this in my inbox.  A new, free DLC for Cities Skylines "Match Day"
"Match Day" Introduces the Team Spirit to Your Town!
New patch also available today that unlocks five in-game items

Available for free to all players of Cities:Skylines, "Match Day" allows mayors to add stadiums to their towns – and comes with all of the benefits and challenges of hosting major sporting events in their citizens' backyard.

The free "Match Day" DLC includes:
A Stadium for your City - build a stadium in your city and become the home of a major sports franchise
Match Day Mechanics - prepare for increased traffic coming to and from your arena on match day and reap the rewards from ticket revenue
Customize your local team colors
New stadium-related policies
A new hat for Chirper

Also, there is a new patch available today that unlocks five custom in-game items for all players which had previously only been available with pre-orders. All players will now have access to the Carousel, Dog Park, Bouncy Castle, Basketball Court, and Botanical Garden in-game.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

...more free DLC released today.
[/b]
Pearls from the East will bring a splash of style to your city, inspired by Chinese architecture and design! Give your residents some new attractions (and pandas!) to visit with three original buildings, each ready to become a unique part of your skyline.  The DLC will include:

Shanghai Pearl Tower
Panda Zoo
Chinese Temple

steve58

https://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/Cities_Skylines/

The offer is valid between 21st April 23.59 CET and 26th April 23.59 CET. If you have signed up to the newsletter before, you are covered. Please wait up to 36 hours for DLC to appear in your Steam library.

3. How can I redeem the free DLC?

To be eligible for receiving Parklife DLC for free on your Steam account, please follow the steps below:
Own a base game of Cities: Skylines on Steam.
Create a Paradox Account (accounts.paradoxplaza.com).
In the Settings tab, sign up for Paradox newsletter.
Verify your email (remember to check your spam and promotion folders on your mailbox).
Back on your Paradox account Settings, sign up for Cities: Skylines newsletter.
Link your Paradox and Steam accounts on the Settings tab.
Set your Steam account to "Public" so our team can confirm you own the base game. You can reset your Steam profile to private after you've received the giveaway.
Wait up to 36 hours for DLC to appear in your Steam library.

WallysWorld

Cool! Thanks for posting.

Martok

Nice!  Thanks for the heads-up!