Main Menu

Cities: Skylines

Started by Grim.Reaper, March 06, 2015, 07:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

So, is anybody looking forward to this title?  From the various videos I have seen, it seems like it could be decent, but I am not sure how much I will enjoy a city builder like this.  Tried to get into various versions of SimCity but never stuck too long, although I probably never gave it enough chances.  Comes out on the 10th and you can pick up the standard version for about $21 right now at GMG, that is the tempting part....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/

undercovergeek

it could be my first buy of 2015 - i watched the live feed from RPS and although the guy was hopeless it looks like a great game for when youre resting from mowing shit down

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 06, 2015, 07:59:09 PM
it could be my first buy of 2015 - i watched the live feed from RPS and although the guy was hopeless it looks like a great game for when youre resting from mowing shit down

I was thinking the same as a change of pace....just wondering if enough to do to keep me interested.  And price not too bad...

undercovergeek

i was surprised by price too - looks like a winner

jomni

I put it in my wishlist.  Too many games.

Bison

for sure buy for me.  I'm in the minority I know, but I actually really enjoyed the previous Cities games.

Grim.Reaper

For those that are considering, going with the standard version or the deluxe?

LongBlade

Hmmm. Yeah, I could be tempted. Dunno about any of the versions yet.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

From what I see unless you have a desire to have some iconic buildings in your build lists, I don't really see any reason to upgrade to deluxe.  Not to mention I suspect at some point they will be available as a DLC.  I'm very excited to see how the community responds with modding especially since it's to have Steam Workshop functionality.

Grim.Reaper

That makes sense...seems like standard would be a good start

Father Ted

I'm a sucker for these things, so I'll pick it up pending any issues revealed post-launch.  I really want to like it, so don't want my relationship with it soured on the first date by irritations.  I know lots of games recover from those sorts of problems, but I never can look at them in quite the same light after release-day bugs.  So I'll hold off for a while...

Grim.Reaper

The last dev diary...looks really nice, think I am going to pre-order...seems low risk for $21 and might be a nice little change of pace

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/07/cities-skylines-final-dev-diary-details-features/#more-274621

Huw the Poo

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 07, 2015, 07:38:09 AM
Hello, here's your regular reminder never to preorder video games. ;)

Nah...I haven't really been burned that bad for anything I have pre ordered, usually turned out well enough to get my money's worth...I have probably got burned more by games I bought after they have been released (looking at you World in Flames)....if I can save good money and I would likely buy anyway around the release date, I'll go for it and take the risk.

Rayfer

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 07, 2015, 07:38:09 AM
Hello, here's your regular reminder never to preorder video games. ;)

Amen brother Huw....! Couldn't agree more.