ARMA 3

Started by Toonces, February 20, 2015, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

Tanks are out.  No one playing?  I have mine pre-purchased long ago (DLC set).  So it's now loaded.   But I haven't touched it.  Still playing War Thunder and Field of Glory II.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on April 19, 2018, 07:27:40 AM
Tanks are out.  No one playing?  I have mine pre-purchased long ago (DLC set).  So it's now loaded.   But I haven't touched it.  Still playing War Thunder and Field of Glory II.

I really like it. The interior modeling was a badly needed addition. Haven't really explored the damage modeling but the defensive armor features are noticeable in action, as is the impact weapons have on the structure of your vehicle.

The use of laser guided tank rounds and missiles is very awesome too. Really a force multiplier.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Apocalypse 31

The new slat armor is awesome and very functional.

RyanE

I never use the stock futuristic AFVs.  I mostly use modern day mods.  How does this impact those mods?  Do they have to be updated?

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: RyanE on April 19, 2018, 03:42:29 PM
I never use the stock futuristic AFVs.  I mostly use modern day mods.  How does this impact those mods?  Do they have to be updated?

If it makes you feel better, every vanilla vehicle is an actual combat vehicle. In fact, almost every piece of equipment is currently being fielded. There's not much "futuristic" stuff in game.

But the mods aren't up to date yet.

NATO
Slammer = Merkava
Marshall = Patria AMV 40mm
Panther = Namur
Hunter = MATV

AAF
Mora = Warrior
Kuma = Leopard 2
Gorgon = Pandur II CZ
Strider = Fennek

CSAT
T-100 = Black Eagle (prototype)
BTR-K = BM-2T Stalker
Madrid = Otokar
Ifrit = ZIL Punisher

RyanE

I can see the parallel in some of them, but some have been prototypes at best.  I just don't like the near-future setting that permeates the entire set up. 

Saw this review of the DLC.

https://www.wargamer.com/reviews/arma-3-tanks-dlc/

Jarhead0331

Look at the bright side...no dongle.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Hofstadter

My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 23, 2018, 07:14:06 AM

No dongle and developers who actually update their game more than once a year.

jomni

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on April 23, 2018, 09:39:15 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 23, 2018, 07:14:06 AM

No dongle and developers who actually update their game more than once a year.

And don't ask you to pay for the update.

Jarhead0331

ARMA 3 is free to play this weekend. If for some reason there is anybody around here who has not tried it, after you slap yourself in the face, you should go try it for free.

It is easily one of the greatest combat sims ever made.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Emir Agic

Bardolph

Been playing a bit lately since I got a new rig. It certainly runs much better now.
Mostly doing Sa-Matra's King of the Hill on a couple servers. Seems like there aren't any populated Hard Core (no third person) servers anymore. Feel dirty using third person but like they say "when in Malden, do like the Maldenites (Maldenians? Maldeners?) do.

It really is a good game. And I enjoy wandering around the new Malden and getting flashbacks from Operation Flashpoint. Wonder what those guys are up to now? 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. And 7, can't forget my buddy 7. Man, they were great. Was too bad about 1. He was a great leader. "8... Move to that... bush", "8... Target Soldier..." Can still hear the call... "Oh no... 1... is down". Like it was yesterday.
These new guys today, they're ok. But they lack that style the old squad had.

MengJiao

Quote from: Bardolph on May 30, 2018, 05:05:39 AM
Been playing a bit lately since I got a new rig. It certainly runs much better now.
Mostly doing Sa-Matra's King of the Hill on a couple servers. Seems like there aren't any populated Hard Core (no third person) servers anymore. Feel dirty using third person but like they say "when in Malden, do like the Maldenites (Maldenians? Maldeners?) do.

It really is a good game. And I enjoy wandering around the new Malden and getting flashbacks from Operation Flashpoint. Wonder what those guys are up to now? 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. And 7, can't forget my buddy 7. Man, they were great. Was too bad about 1. He was a great leader. "8... Move to that... bush", "8... Target Soldier..." Can still hear the call... "Oh no... 1... is down". Like it was yesterday.
These new guys today, they're ok. But they lack that style the old squad had.

Messing with Mods.  Paratroops in Greece: