Main Menu

St. Louis Riots

Started by LongBlade, August 15, 2014, 11:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: LongBlade on August 19, 2014, 08:23:36 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 19, 2014, 06:49:57 AM
Wiser heads won't prevail. They never do in these cases. The wiser heads tend to congregate on wargaming message boards to share their thoughts. :) Hotheads tend to congregate where the race pimps camp out, and the race pimps camp out where the cameras are, and the media continues to drink the kool-aid and ignore the obvious 1000-pound elephant/gorilla hybrid shitting in the corner of the room.

Good thing the NSA is spying on everyone so that stuff like this can't happen. By focusing on wargamers the odds of social unrest decreased exponentially!  ::)

Ha! Well...

Gusington

The real tragedy of all of this is that the cop's life is ruined because he did his job.

Great post above too, Swatter.

If the media really wanted to 'do journalism stuff' they would explore how these protesters can afford to be out all night burning their own shitty neighborhood down and still get up for work the next day. Oh wait...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

To me, if you're at a peaceful protest, and the guy next to you throws a molotov cocktail, you tackle the son of a bitch and sit on him 'til the cops come and get him. You do that because he is ruining your message.  You do that show you can demonstrate that you support the rule of law in every direction, not just those favorable to you.  You do it because it's the right goddamn thing to do to take care of your community.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

I have seen decent people protesting in the footage...it does seem like the lunatics are in the minority, just to dial back my above post a little. At the same time, those linatics are firebombing and firing at themselves and the cops. Not good.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

The WaPo has an article that ID's three groups: legit protesters, militants, and looters.

The groups do not appear to be necessarily mutually exclusive.

QuoteFerguson police officials would not quantify how many looters have been arrested since the Brown shooting but presented a Washington Post reporter with a stack of roughly 50 arrest reports. While some of those arrested for stealing are from Ferguson, a large number have addresses listed in Illinois or in Texas.

"It's like looting tourism," an officer commented as he showed the reports. He asked not to be named. "It's like they are spending their gas money to come down here and steal."

source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ferguson-protesters-the-peaceful-the-elders-the-looters-and-the-militants/2014/08/18/d6be1262-26f3-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

Everyone can relax, Holder's been sent to Ferguson  ::)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

Methinks they doth protest too much.
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

QuoteFrom the White House, Obama is keeping a reserved tone by calling for calm on both sides, urging protesters to stay peaceful and police to show restraint. But at the Justice Department, Holder is committing what is being described as an "extraordinary" effort to investigate the local case.

"They're basically flooding the zone [with investigators]," Thomas Dupree, former deputy assistant attorney general under the George W. Bush administration, told Fox News. "It's an extraordinary level of commitment for an incident of this nature."

Dupree said the response shows this case is something Holder "is personally invested in."

source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/19/holder-takes-on-ferguson-ag-flooding-zone-with-investigators-heads-to-missouri/

GDS_Starfury

Because you can never have to much federal attention at the local level.   ::)
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Of course if it was a white kid shot by a black cop thete wouldnt be any federal attention at all. 
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Swatter

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 19, 2014, 02:17:22 PM
Of course if it was a white kid shot by a black cop thete wouldnt be any federal attention at all.

Or a grandmother walking her grandkids down the street.

Local media are reporting multiple eyewitnesses collaborate officer's version of the story.

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 19, 2014, 02:04:02 PM
Because you can never have to much federal attention at the local level.   ::)

Indeed. Any function at the local level can and should be duplicated at the federal level for double the cost.

LongBlade

Enough of the humor.

More news comes in to corroborate the officer's story:

QuoteThe Gateway Pundit can now confirm from two local St. Louis sources that police Officer Darren Wilson suffered facial fractures during his confrontation with deceased 18 year-old Michael Brown. Officer Wilson clearly feared for his life during the incident that led to the shooting death of Brown. This was after Michael Brown and his accomplice Dorian Johnson robbed a local Ferguson convenience store.

source: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-report-po-darren-wilson-suffered-orbital-blowout-fracture-to-eye-socket-during-encounter-with-mike-brown/

Boggit

We have this plastered all over our newscreens in the UK. Couple of things I don't understand -

1) If this guy - Brown - was unarmed, why was lethal force used against him? Assuming the absence of time to take non lethal preventative measures e.g. a tazer, could he not have been incapacitated rather than killed? Say shot in the legs?

2) Why did the authorities give out the name of the cop who shot this guy? He has not been charged with murder, or manslaughter (2nd degree homicide, or whatever). The other thing is the authorities have now made this cop, and his family a potential target for any enraged person who wants to take a pop at him. It seems nuts to me to make the disclosure at this stage in the interest of justice (towards the cop).

Any answers?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Barthheart

Well the answer to 1 is that most police forces, if not all, do not shot to incapacitate. If you fire your weapon it is to kill as that is the only sure way to stop an assailant, who might be hopped up on mind altering drugs. Plus shooting at someone's legs is much harder than shooting at the center of mass of the target.... unlike what you see in TV and movies.