Game of Thrones

Started by Centurion40, April 10, 2012, 02:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 25, 2012, 08:38:14 AM
Do you find it hard to follow at all, 40?

I read the books yet I still sometimes forget who's who.

Yes and no.  I know who all the main characters are, and sometimes I look shit up on Wiki, but mostly I just 'go with it' until it all makes clear sense.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Gusington

SDR if you watch the episodes On Demand they all include a wrap-up from the writers which I find very useful. I am falling behind on the series...I have two to watch.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

I just bought Season 1 of Game of Thrones on Bluray. Not sure I'm ready for the adventure yet, so I'm saving it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

^ word of caution - screen it before you let the girls sit down with it.  It might be more than you're ready for them to handle yet.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 25, 2012, 12:33:03 PM
^ word of caution - screen it before you let the girls sit down with it.  It might be more than you're ready for them to handle yet.

Thanks. I've already told my wife that it's not suitable for the chicklets. I had heard that much about it.

Gusington

^Yeah a lot of sex and female parts.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 25, 2012, 12:33:03 PM

Unless the girls have recently turned 18, listen to Brant.

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on April 25, 2012, 11:47:32 AM
I just bought Season 1 of Game of Thrones on Bluray. Not sure I'm ready for the adventure yet, so I'm saving it.

if there is any prudishness still running through your viens....

seriously I find some of the scenes rather *cough* gratuitous   :o
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

LongBlade

Quote from: Windigo on May 01, 2012, 12:21:19 PM

Watched the first episode with the wife the other night. Yes, rather obviously gratuitous.

So I started reading the book to try to fill in the gaps. So far I like the book but can't say I see all the hype around it. But I'm only about three or four chapters in.

Gusington

^It's a good story to get into while playing a game like Warlock.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Quote from: LongBlade on May 01, 2012, 12:32:21 PM
Quote from: Windigo on May 01, 2012, 12:21:19 PM

Watched the first episode with the wife the other night. Yes, rather obviously gratuitous.

So I started reading the book to try to fill in the gaps. So far I like the book but can't say I see all the hype around it. But I'm only about three or four chapters in.

Two things to note:

1) A superfluity of characters

2) There is a LOT of sex in the books.  Although, not as much as is in the show, it's not by much.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: LongBlade on May 01, 2012, 12:32:21 PM

Oh it gets a whole lot better. The third book is my favorite imho.
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Arctic Blast

The first, third and fourth books are probably my favorites. Second one was okay, but it seemed like more of a 'bridge' book to connect the ideas for 1 and 3 together. And the 5th one read much the same way, as just an attempt to connect to the next one.

Gusington

I watched the 4th episode of the new season last night...quite the shocking ending with the red witch!  :o

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd