Main Menu

Fargo

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, May 13, 2014, 05:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

OK. A little dumber ending than I was expecting but still a great series. Maybe the bad guys got religion in the end.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

WallysWorld

Yes, the finale was a little disappointing especially the last half that was very slow moving. At least we found out what happened to Simone and poor Mike.

Overall a good season even though the ending was mediocre.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Sir Slash

The Indian scares me in my sleep at night. So does the wife who won't shut-up.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

WallysWorld

Hanzee was definitely a cool character and Mike was cool until the end.  :(
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Sir Slash

Maybe I'm just too dumb for TV anymore but after reading a story in the Hollywood Reporter, I discovered most of this show, despite the "This is a True Story"-ing, isn't. Maybe because I never watched the original Fargo movie I didn't understand this. I also totally missed that Deputy Solverson was a younger version of Keith Carradine's character in season 1. And the little girl in the show was Molly the police woman from the movie and first season. Oh, and the whole UFO thing was pretty much made-up.  :o  I feel disqualified from watching Season 3 which won't air until 2017. But I still will, because it's a great show and doesn't require me to prove intelligence to watch it. Me>  :crazy2:

WallysWorld

Sir Slash

I ain't NEVER moving to N. Dakota.

Sir Slash

Season 3 tonight. Off to a usual good and bloody start. Man those accents just kill me.

WallysWorld

Agree. It was very good.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Ewan's accent seemed to come and go.  Loved the opening riff from Heart's Crazy on You at the beginning.  Just seemed to fit the scene perfectly.

mirth

Quote from: WallysWorld on March 24, 2017, 11:57:05 AM
Fargo season 3 trailer:  Season 3 trailer

Is that the guy who played Rothstein in Boardwalk Empire? Man, I need to start watching this show.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Sir Slash

In case you missed it, Season 3 came to another typically great, tense, and surprising ending tonight. Damn, I hope they do another season.  :clap:

mirth

I'm almost finished with Boardwalk Empire. After that, I'm diving into this show.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Season 4 premiered Sunday night on FX with a two-episode start. So far, not moistening my loins but all these shows start out slow. Great to see Chris Rock back on TV.