Main Menu

Fargo

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, May 13, 2014, 05:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

All very good points SDR. I thought the same thing about Lester, just-leave-it-alone man. I wonder if they'll be another season or is this the end of the story line? Of course Malvo won't be there cause he's  :buck2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

WallysWorld

I missed the first season, but watched the first episode of the second season last night and thought it was "Wow!".

Definitely had the Coen brothers' feel to it.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Sir Slash

Was it on last pm? I missed it. Thought it didn't come back on until November. Dammit! Makes me want to hit somebody in the head with a hammer.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: WallysWorld on October 13, 2015, 12:38:57 PM
I missed the first season, but watched the first episode of the second season last night and thought it was "Wow!".

I set the DVR to record the first season, but they don't seem to be playing those rerun episodes very often on that channel.

Wanted to watch first season before starting on the second.

WallysWorld

Quote from: Nefaro on October 13, 2015, 02:36:49 PM

I missed the first season too, but season two is a brand new ball game with different characters, story and timeline like True Detective's season two was.

So you can always watch Fargo's season two first and then go back to season one without missing out on anything.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Nefaro

Quote from: WallysWorld on October 13, 2015, 07:00:20 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 13, 2015, 02:36:49 PM

I missed the first season too, but season two is a brand new ball game with different characters, story and timeline like True Detective's season two was.

So you can always watch Fargo's season two first and then go back to season one without missing out on anything.

Good to know.

I got the impression that it was all new characters for the 2nd season but didn't know if there were still some kind of tie-in.

Sir Slash

The first season was easily one of the best done shows ever. If you think Billy Bob can't act, watch it. Freeman is great too.

besilarius

The only tie-in seems to be Fargo, the setting.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Centurion40

Is that one where the dude shot-up the diner?
Any time is a good time for pie.

WallysWorld

Quote from: Centurion40 on October 14, 2015, 10:18:49 AM

Is that one where the dude shot-up the diner?

Yep!

Centurion40

Cool.  Wasn't expecting the dude to be dazzled by lights outside of the diner.  :o
Any time is a good time for pie.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Didn't grab me like the first season did.  I think maybe it's because I was spending half my time looking at all the character actors and trying to place them from various Canadian TV productions over the years.  God a good laugh seeing some of those faces again.

Sir Slash

If you missed the first episode, like me, then it will be re-played again tonight at 2am EST on FX.

Sir Slash

Damn. You guys didn't say anything about "Evil Dead" Ash playing Reagan in this show. I'm all in.

Nefaro

Watched the first episode of Season 2. 

Started off pretty damn amusing.  >:D