Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Cuphead
« Last post by jomni on Yesterday at 11:24:52 PM »
You old timers (those who were kids during the 30s) are gonna love this.
http://cupheadgame.com

Computer Wargaming / ARGO
« Last post by jomni on Yesterday at 10:57:02 PM »
It's an free standalone ARMA 3 conversion that tries to be fast paced (like Counter Strike?).  But what is it really?  Anyone tried?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/530700/Argo/#app_reviews_hash

Computer Wargaming / Re: 2017 Steam Summer Sale
« Last post by Bison on Yesterday at 10:26:01 PM »
Well I guess I'll be waiting for a while unless I just decide to bite the bullet and pick it up.  It looks fantastic.
Console Wargaming / Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda
« Last post by Bison on Yesterday at 10:24:46 PM »
Mirth did you decide this version is good or bad?
« Last post by -budd- on Yesterday at 10:24:29 PM »
Only game I'm interested in is Rimworld, but that one is not on sale.  I may pick up the latest OOTP, but I'm pretty content with the version I have so no real need to upgrade to a new version just yet.

Dev said Rimworld wont have any sales until full release. Been looking to pick that up also, the storytelling sounds interesting.
« Last post by Bison on Yesterday at 10:21:21 PM »
Only game I'm interested in is Rimworld, but that one is not on sale.  I may pick up the latest OOTP, but I'm pretty content with the version I have so no real need to upgrade to a new version just yet.
« Last post by Sir Slash on Yesterday at 08:10:13 PM »
I know Bob lives in the UK. My reference was in connection with the longest sniper shot in history made by the Canadian Special Forces soldier just recently and the patience needed to hit a target 2 miles away. Just like Bob. Waiting for his 'perfect shot' at the Steam Summer Sale. Sorry for the confusion.

I'd love to pick-up War in the East and all it's DLC but I don't think I will live long enough to play it. Bummer.
Computer Wargaming / Re: The Groginati Sales Thread
« Last post by Staggerwing on Yesterday at 06:15:33 PM »
if this is true, let me get this straight...Blizzard filed an injunction against something that already existed and predated their IP...and won???

I mean I know our copyright laws are screwed up but Whole-y-Sheet that is some bullschnit.

That's happened before. A major studio wants to avoid confusion with some a-list game it has coming out and so it sues small companies who already have games with similar titles, promising to bury the little guys in legal fees even if they are in the right. Business sense says just change the name and avoid paying lawyers more money than your niche game may actually make. IIRC, both Slitherine ('Battlefield Academy') and Cornered Rat Studios ('Battlefield Europe: WW2OL') were threatened with massive lawsuits by EA for having games with 'Battlefield' in the title, even though at least one of the former had been using the title since developing their game in the late 90's and releasing it in 2001, and EA's first Battlefield game didn't come out until 2002.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Excellent looking Ancient Game
« Last post by JasonPratt on Yesterday at 05:35:28 PM »
Since they've got alpha footage, I'm guessing they've built their custom engine already?

I like what I've seen and read, and I'd be definitely interested in buying it after release. I might even early access it, in beta or a very advanced alpha. But I'm pretty much done kickstarting things.

I hope they get along! -- I might suggest extending the kickstarter if the rate seems to be close.
Computer Wargaming / Re: The Groginati Sales Thread
« Last post by jamus34 on Yesterday at 05:23:22 PM »
if this is true, let me get this straight...Blizzard filed an injunction against something that already existed and predated their IP...and won???

I mean I know our copyright laws are screwed up but Whole-y-Sheet that is some bullschnit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10