Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Staff Support Forum / Beta testers needed!
« Last post by Dr D Ezra Sidran on May 16, 2017, 12:03:10 PM »
Haha! Well said!
Ah, yes! The dreaded FEATURE CREEP!

Well, printing out large scale maps is pretty easy. I don't know how hard making a PDF of the Order of Battle Tables would be.

Lots of libraries already out there to handle that, so it shouldn't be too tough. Being an IT guy though, I'm always cautious about ever-expanding scopes!

Ah, yes! The dreaded FEATURE CREEP!

Well, printing out large scale maps is pretty easy. I don't know how hard making a PDF of the Order of Battle Tables would be.
I was wondering if in addition to printing out very large maps if it would be helpful if you could also print out Order of Battle unit counters?

As an aid to tabletop gaming, definitely. My only concern is that adding too many features like this potentially distracts from the core of the game, and could end up over-complicating things.

I was wondering if in addition to printing out very large maps if it would be helpful if you could also print out Order of Battle unit counters?
General Staff Support Forum / Re: Welcome to the General Staff crew
« Last post by Dr D Ezra Sidran on May 02, 2017, 04:02:19 PM »
Thank you so much for making me feel at home.

As you may have read(and here's the link if you haven't): http://general-staff.com/a-wargame-55-years-in-the-making/ I've been out of 'commercial wargaming' for quite a few years and, instead, have been consulting for DARPA, DoD, the US Army, Office of Naval Research, etc.

I'm very appreciative of Grogheads and the entire wargaming community for making me welcome and not laughing at me as I get back up to speed with the commercial computer wargame market.

Your feedback is also vitally important to me. I want to produce the game that you grognards want.
General Staff Support Forum / Re: Welcome to the General Staff crew
« Last post by MetalDog on May 01, 2017, 06:44:46 PM »
Welcome, Dr. Sidran!  Read through the info on the home page for General Staff.  I like what you've done.  Giving options for a simple game or complex.  I haven't delved into the videos yet, but, it looks like you've got a really good thing here.  O0
General Staff Support Forum / Interview w/ Dr Sidran
« Last post by bayonetbrant on May 01, 2017, 06:16:02 PM »
For those of you just catching up, Cyrano interviewed him last year

http://grogheads.com/?p=10699
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10