Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Steam Summer Sale Swag Thread
« Last post by spelk on Today at 02:35:27 AM »
Doomstar... Stratego in Space. Apparently.

Computer Wargaming / Re: 2017 Steam Summer Sale
« Last post by Pete Dero on Today at 01:55:13 AM »
Command Ops 2 modules are 50% off.
Are there any aircraft "geeks" (not used in a derogatory fashion) out there that can explain to me why this plane is the next generation? What makes it so special?

I'm no engineer so I'd like to understand why this bloated looking aircraft is the next gen in air to air/ground combat?
I respect your opinion Judge, but I think your wrong or perhaps I didn't make my point clear enough.

You have to know your enemy if you want to have any chance of defeating him. I agree that violence perpetrated for political reasons is terrorism and that the guy who killed Muslims was also a terrorist. The important distinction I want to make is motivation.

There is a reason that Muslims are not often victims of terror attacks perpetrated by Westerners. Westerners value life. When a Westerner who is not a religious convert starts killing Muslims, he/she is very likely mentally ill.

Now, I am not saying there aren't any mentally ill Muslim terrorists. I am sure there are. Yet, I would bet the vast majority are completely functional from a mental standpoint. Sure, the more brutal bastards are probably sociopaths. At the same time, you would probably find most are normal human beings that happen to share an ideology that believes in violence to achieve their religious and political objectives.

That's the difference and why there are so many attacks. I am not saying one type of attack is less abhorrent than another, but it would be crazy not to see the difference between the two. To say that the attacks have equivalent ramifications for society is straight suicide.

Now, I can see it happening that in the future perhaps a resistance group will form comprised of Westerners who murder Muslims in terrorist attacks. Whatever ideology that would drive that group would be equally as vile as Muslim extremist interpretations of Islam.

I am pretty sure we agree on much, but perhaps I didn't articulate my view well enough the first time. Let me be very clear, I have no problem with Muslims living in Western countries as long as they want to assimilate into the host culture.
I appreciate your well worded counter argument.

Personally, I don't like "grouping" people together because of a few arseholes. When I was in the army, I heard a lot about "Left footers" this, "Murdering Catholic bastards" that, etc, etc, etc...even though I was a Catholic myself. People I knew, respected and worked with were attributing the actions of a terrorist outfit to a more generalised "Catholic" class...which happened to include me.

I did not feel comfortable with people doing that and I didn't feel at ease being one of these Catholics that were perpetrating those crimes and I found it abhorrent that the IRA were attacking civilians - but it didn't make all Catholics murdering, terrorist arseholes.

I have tried, as best I can, to not generalise people into groups where plenty of people within that group are not the perpetrators of the crimes committed by a few people within the group.

I not stupid. I understand there are cells of terrorists within the UK and I understand that plenty of them are terrorists under the guise of a perverted faith...a faith that isn't perverse but is perverted by them and their recruiters in order to bring people into that group.

There are also hundreds of thousands of Muslims living in the UK who are not terrorists and who do not agree with what's going on and find it abhorrent. But can anyone here imagine what it must be like to walk down the street today in the UK as a Muslim - or even as a person who may not be a Muslim but "look like one". Please just think about how you'd feel being of that faith or a person from that "area" of the world and ask yourself how you would take yourself to the shops today to pick up some orange juice and a loaf of bread for breakfast.

The people committing these crimes are NOT Muslim. They've stolen it to create a divide.

Although I was turned into a Catholic when I was a child by my parents, I was never and have never been a believer in any religion. I do not believe in it and I prefer to believe it's a way to control people. But I'm absolutely fine with other people who believe in their religion. As long as said religion is a peaceful one...which I am led to believe the Muslim faith is. Not having read the Quran, I couldn't actually confirm that but I've heard many reports saying it's a peaceable one. As long as that's the case, believe or not. It's up to the individual.

Daesh and Al Qaeda and other groups act like this and steal some identifier in order to turn people against each other. It makes me sad when they succeed.

Let me be very clear, I have no problem with Muslims living in Western countries as long as they want to assimilate into the host culture.
Well said.

But the fact we put "Muslim" into these threads attacks ALL Muslims. And all because a few radicals (quite a few I'm sure) have stolen the tag.

I ask again...imagine what it must be like to walk down the street today in the UK as a Muslim - or even as a person who may not be a Muslim but "look like one" - who finds the goings on under the name of their faith as an outrage?
Imagine being in a thread about a British man mowing down Muslims on British soil and Muslims being the topic from early on  ::)

Yeah, that's crazy! It's not like the great majority of terrorists in the last 20 odd years were Muslims, or anything like that.
As if that matters. There are plenty of threads around here to jump in on if people want to bash Muslims. In fact, another one could be made and likely, because of the very statement you've just made, no-one would bat an eyelid.

The fact that the one thread of late where Muslims are not the terrorist but the victims and the thread turned into "Yeah...but it's there fault because blah blah blah - insert made up reason here - blah blah blah - " is a sad state of affairs.
Im fine with neither being brought back or having production restarted.
I just want to know what the Air Force has in its black box of toys that we dont know about.
I respect your opinion Judge, but I think your wrong or perhaps I didn't make my point clear enough.

You have to know your enemy if you want to have any chance of defeating him. I agree that violence perpetrated for political reasons is terrorism and that the guy who killed Muslims was also a terrorist. The important distinction I want to make is motivation.

There is a reason that Muslims are not often victims of terror attacks perpetrated by Westerners. Westerners value life. When a Westerner who is not a religious convert starts killing Muslims, he/she is very likely mentally ill.

Now, I am not saying there aren't any mentally ill Muslim terrorists. I am sure there are. Yet, I would bet the vast majority are completely functional from a mental standpoint. Sure, the more brutal bastards are probably sociopaths. At the same time, you would probably find most are normal human beings that happen to share an ideology that believes in violence to achieve their religious and political objectives.

That's the difference and why there are so many attacks. I am not saying one type of attack is less abhorrent than another, but it would be crazy not to see the difference between the two. To say that the attacks have equivalent ramifications for society is straight suicide.

Now, I can see it happening that in the future perhaps a resistance group will form comprised of Westerners who murder Muslims in terrorist attacks. Whatever ideology that would drive that group would be equally as vile as Muslim extremist interpretations of Islam.

I am pretty sure we agree on much, but perhaps I didn't articulate my view well enough the first time. Let me be very clear, I have no problem with Muslims living in Western countries as long as they want to assimilate into the host culture.

Why does he have to be mentally ill. Sometimes people just get fed up with current affairs, and when you live in a country where you can actually get arrested for pointing out muslims are commiting crimes (google what happened to the lady that first reported about the Rotherham child abuse ring) then at some point you will take action
General Discussion / Re: Gifs of Greatness!
« Last post by GDS_Starfury on Today at 12:03:40 AM »
a spawning Mirth.
I don't think terrorist attacks (at least in this frequency) are here to stay. The reason Europe is having this many problems is because they have masses of Islamic immigrants who are not assimilating into the host cultures. Those are reversible political decisions. It doesn't help that the Left in Europe calls anyone a racist who dares mention that fact.

Thankfully, at this moment, Muslims in America are moderate. That is why we don't have any networked attacks in this country, just one off self radicalized a-holes. If the MSM media keeps calling all Muslims victims of hate, that could change.

Historical evidence contradict you swatter. No where has muslims integrated into the land they moved into, but rather they keep low profile until they get strong enough and then this shit happens.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10