Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1980 Championship
« Last post by MetalDog on Today at 06:13:59 AM »
Then I have done my job well.  Thank you for the compliment :)
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1980 Championship
« Last post by Barthheart on Today at 05:07:06 AM »
You sir, are an evil, evil man.  >:(
Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming / Re: 5th Ed D&D solo
« Last post by Nefaro on Today at 03:28:15 AM »
I looked at a couple BGG videos for the D&D board games and I have to say....I think that might be what I'm looking for.

The mini's are ugly though  :o

Their mechanics are based on a trimmed down version of the 4th Edition D&D rules IIRC.

The biggest complaint I probably have about the D&D board games is that there is no RPG-like progression between scenarios.  They're just single shots, then you start the next one back at the starting character level.  Well... at least they were like that up until the latest one, where there is some carryover, although I'm not sure if it's very pronounced.

There are a ton of solitaire Fantasy adventure board games available nowadays. 

I'm rather partial to FFG's Descent now that it has both official solo systems and user-created ways to run the multi-player campaigns. 

There are also a number of card-focused ones, as opposed to minis, which do the same thing.  Those often seem to promote more planning ahead with wider variation of strategies, but still have some sort of location/exploration mechanics.  Although the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game is one many people think of, I've enjoyed others such as the Mage Knight boardgame, Doomrock + expansion, and perhaps Mistfall to name a few.  And those are only the Fantasy themed ones!

Modelling and Miniatures / Re: My next model...
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 03:14:46 AM »
Thank you both.

I wiped off most of the dark dirt wash and now put on a light dirt wash

Computer Wargaming / Re: Share your Screenshots!
« Last post by airboy on Today at 02:23:40 AM »
I've just looked at the pictures of 2017.  You guys are playing much prettier games than me.  I really need to get back to Pillars of Eternity.

Fallout 4 is ugly.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: 10 Bands I've Seen Live...
« Last post by airboy on Today at 02:10:45 AM »
Weirdest mosh pit song I've ever seen was May The Circle Be Unbroken at a punk show in Atlanta.
Enigmas of the Mystical / Re: More Pix For A Laugh
« Last post by mirth on Today at 01:59:27 AM »
I think he's here - https://www.farmsanctuary.org/
Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming / Re: 5th Ed D&D solo
« Last post by acctingman on Today at 01:01:03 AM »
I looked at a couple BGG videos for the D&D board games and I have to say....I think that might be what I'm looking for.

The mini's are ugly though  :o

Tech Talk / Re: Managing USB devices
« Last post by MikeGER on Today at 12:31:15 AM »
I keep the number of plugged-in USB devise to the minimum !

so no Gamecontroller, no TrackIR, no Joystick, if not really need for my upcoming game session

btw  i remember reports that TrackIR lifespan (heat in the cam electronics) ticks down when unnecessarily connected and chucking along, but maybe this goes back to TrackIR #IV  and #V is not effected

and esp. Gamecontroller and Joystick is often the bad combo

Maybe you make a list which games runs with which setup once you tested it  and -immersing wise- see it as checklist point to clear before getting the virtual plane or spaceship ready in the virtual hangar     
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10