Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Space 4x Blues
« Last post by OJsDad on Today at 01:22:32 PM »
Aurora 2 was never a Steve project, it was a community project.  The C# project is all Steve.  He started it last year and seems to be making steady progress on it. 

Apologies JH, you are correct, Aurora 2 was something that Steve started discussing in 2010. 

The C# section I linked earlier is a totally new topic that was started in 2016.  But there are lots of posts from Steve, including from this year. 
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Jukebox Playlist
« Last post by Barthheart on Today at 01:22:01 PM »
Watched Burnt last night... not bad but my wife was not impressed... to be honest this song over the final credits was probably the best thing about the movie....

Music, TV, Movies / Re: Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Today at 01:14:19 PM »
This is one of the many UK programs I enjoy watching. I caught this for a brief time early last year and was fascinated by it because of how the legal system works (and doesn't work) in cases of re-possession in the UK. Netflix added the first two seasons recently though I think this is still going strong in the UK and is on series 6 or 7 by now.

Computer Wargaming / Re: I need a love to keep me FRIDAY
« Last post by Staggerwing on Today at 01:09:58 PM »
Or sauteed tempeh.
General Discussion / Re: One for Metal Dog
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Today at 01:08:46 PM »
« Last post by OJsDad on Today at 01:07:29 PM »
I'm not seeing a Vassal module for Ultra, but there may be one out there.
« Last post by Yskonyn on Today at 01:02:29 PM »
Thanks OJ!
Iíll take a look.
Do you think it would work well as Play by Forum? Or is there an electronic version around (VASSAL or such)?
« Last post by OJsDad on Today at 12:58:20 PM »
OJ could you link StarFire please? There seem to be lots of games called that. :)

http://www.starfiredesign.com/starfire/

There are a few different verions.  I would lean more toward Ultra, which seems to be a combo of 4x and tactical game.
« Last post by OJsDad on Today at 12:56:58 PM »
Steve is working a completely revamped Aurora, written in C#.  He's been providing updates with screenshots, and has been making design changes.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=234.0

Aurora 2 has been in the works for years. Development is at a slow crawl, if not on hold for the moment. No telling when it will be finished. I wish Steve would snake this a paid project and quit his day job, but I know his preference is to keep it as a hobby, instead of work. He's made no promises to anybody because he has accepted no money and I believe he likes it that way.

I haven't looked closely at star fire, but I know it's Steve's primary inspiration for Aurora.

Aurora 2 was never a Steve project, it was a community project.  The C# project is all Steve.  He started it last year and seems to be making steady progress on it. 

Apologies JH, you are correct, Aurora 2 was something that Steve started discussing in 2010. 

The C# section I linked earlier is a totally new topic that was started in 2016.  But there are lots of posts from Steve, including from this year. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10