Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Bomber Crew
« Last post by Silent Disapproval Robot on Today at 11:40:58 PM »
Fiddled with shrinking down an image to 512x512.  Bit blurry bit that's OK. Thanks for the tip.

Wargaming / Re: What's on your table right now?
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 11:30:55 PM »
We haven't played it yet - this will be our first time.

I didn't realise that change yet - until you mentioned it - but I barely used the Death Star for anything other than transferring units anyway.

Combat Tactic cards - I always found them a bit confusing on when/how many you could play so the new rules seemed much clearer - choose one and play at the beginning - however looking through them, they do look quite powerful and maybe drag out combat.

Love the new units and cards.

So the jury is out. I'm excited that it's going to shake up the game - maybe put my daughter on the back foot and help me win one!  :DD
Computer Wargaming / Re: Field of Glory II
« Last post by Yskonyn on Today at 11:29:02 PM »
Having never played the FoG series of games (physical or electronic) I am pleasantly surprised at the depth of the system. It will take some time to appreciate its intricacies, but the manual and tutorial seem to be excellent.
Forum-Based Games / Re: "Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...
« Last post by Cyrano on Today at 09:50:32 PM »
Game Time Is: 1400, 17th October 1806!

That's right, another two-hour turn!

Not sorry!

Computer Wargaming / Re: Field of Glory II
« Last post by Cheimison on Today at 09:44:51 PM »
I just played a random battle as the Arabs, and it reminds me of why I hate armies without heavy infantry. It doesn't matter what the game is or what the time period is, I need my damn heavies.
In Rome Total War the ONLY units I would use were phalanx, triari, princeps and horse archers. Everything else was so inferior that the ability to flank = irrelevant.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Star Trek series coming in 2017
« Last post by GDS_Starfury on Today at 09:39:08 PM »
Playboy is going to have a transgender centerfold so........  sure.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Star Trek series coming in 2017
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Today at 09:29:49 PM »
^I'm not reading any of those posts above. I still might binge watch this after the last episode of the season airs in November. And then I'll let you all know just how wrong and bad it is.  :arr:

SPOILER! Spock is Kirk's father with Q who is played by a transgender Bruce Vilanch.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Bomber Crew
« Last post by Philippe on Today at 09:24:38 PM »
1024x1024 does not work, so there is an upper limit.

I shrank that texture in half to 512x512, and much to my surprise it worked.

The upper limit is somewhere between 512 and 1024, but I don't think you'll be able to detect much of a difference on the larger settings.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Jukebox Playlist
« Last post by MetalDog on Today at 09:23:21 PM »
You may not always agree with what I include in the Brackets, but, I occasionally save you from stuff, too.

Organizations and Equipment / Re: Planes!
« Last post by GDS_Starfury on Today at 09:15:21 PM »
I was always fond of this design.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10