Main Menu

Hellgate: London

Started by DennisS, November 17, 2018, 12:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Quote from: Father Ted on November 18, 2018, 01:37:20 PM
I don't think that the graphics are dated at all - that's pretty much what London and Londoners look like these days.

*chuckles*

I think for the gameplay type Grim Dawn would be a much better buy by now.
Hellgate hasn't aged too well (I don't think so at least) and the game probably will remain as poorly supported as it has always been.

Keep an eye on Steam's sales and you'll be able to pick up GD for about the same price as Hellgate.

The memories of the adventures in Hellgate are interesting, but time has caught up and the underground won't be riding anymore. :)

What would be interesting though is if the game ever gets its MP back if my lifetime sub will provide any benefits after all those years. Lol
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Btw I would try to get the original game and then go here:
https://london2038.com/

That's probably the best Hellgate has ever been and will ever be.
But you'll need to original game, not Hanbitsoft's version.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

^Hahaha!!

You're right Dennis - for ~10.00 and many many hours, I will go for it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

spelk

Quote from: DennisS on November 18, 2018, 01:29:35 PM
For those that feel burned by the failure of the MMO, I get it. You don't wish to support Hanbitsoft. I have a few game companies that I refuse to support as well...but it doesn't stop this game from being a blast to play.

The lost lifetime subs was a bitter blow for me..

This was a game I was going to spend a lot of time in.

QuoteThank you for subscribing to Hellgate: London! We greatly appreciate your support and interest in getting the massive amounts of ongoing content, rewards, game modes and exclusive subscriber events.

You have chosen the following subscription program:

Account Name      spelk
Subscription      Lifetime
Price      £99.99
Payment Method      Credit Card
Date      November 6, 2007

You can always access your account by logging in here:
https://accounts.eu.hellgatelondon.com/PingAccount/account.jsp

See you online!

Flagship Studios

Please make sure to save this email as your membership receipt.

It's not the MMO subs that has me gashing and wailing, its the fact that I was a lifetime supporter and dumped a whole lot of my money into this, and was sold down the river. I was a beta tester, and pre-orderer and lifetime subber. Then the Lifetime sub meant nothing.

I haven't seen the game after it was totally buggered about with. And this version, is a doctored Korean version, to function like the SP.

I'd probably pay the £8 or so, just to play it again, and see what they did to it. But this thing isn't going to run on my Linux box without some major work, if at all.

I'll just go play some Borderlands or W40k Inquisitor Martyr instead.

It was good at the time, I loved it. If you're curious, give it a whirl its certainly cheap enough now, but know that it has been buggered about with, and you're not getting the true Bill Roper version.

CptHowdy

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 18, 2018, 02:07:00 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on November 18, 2018, 01:37:20 PM
I don't think that the graphics are dated at all - that's pretty much what London and Londoners look like these days.

*chuckles*

I think for the gameplay type Grim Dawn would be a much better buy by now.
Hellgate hasn't aged too well (I don't think so at least) and the game probably will remain as poorly supported as it has always been.

Keep an eye on Steam's sales and you'll be able to pick up GD for about the same price as Hellgate.

The memories of the adventures in Hellgate are interesting, but time has caught up and the underground won't be riding anymore. :)

What would be interesting though is if the game ever gets its MP back if my lifetime sub will provide any benefits after all those years. Lol

grim dawn on sale at humblebundle for 7.50 right now. think i will grab it!

-budd-

Quote from: spelk on November 18, 2018, 06:27:17 PM
Quote from: DennisS on November 18, 2018, 01:29:35 PM
For those that feel burned by the failure of the MMO, I get it. You don't wish to support Hanbitsoft. I have a few game companies that I refuse to support as well...but it doesn't stop this game from being a blast to play.

The lost lifetime subs was a bitter blow for me..

This was a game I was going to spend a lot of time in.

QuoteThank you for subscribing to Hellgate: London! We greatly appreciate your support and interest in getting the massive amounts of ongoing content, rewards, game modes and exclusive subscriber events.

You have chosen the following subscription program:

Account Name      spelk
Subscription      Lifetime
Price      £99.99
Payment Method      Credit Card
Date      November 6, 2007

You can always access your account by logging in here:
https://accounts.eu.hellgatelondon.com/PingAccount/account.jsp

See you online!

Flagship Studios

Please make sure to save this email as your membership receipt.

It's not the MMO subs that has me gashing and wailing, its the fact that I was a lifetime supporter and dumped a whole lot of my money into this, and was sold down the river. I was a beta tester, and pre-orderer and lifetime subber. Then the Lifetime sub meant nothing.

I haven't seen the game after it was totally buggered about with. And this version, is a doctored Korean version, to function like the SP.

I'd probably pay the £8 or so, just to play it again, and see what they did to it. But this thing isn't going to run on my Linux box without some major work, if at all.

I'll just go play some Borderlands or W40k Inquisitor Martyr instead.

It was good at the time, I loved it. If you're curious, give it a whirl its certainly cheap enough now, but know that it has been buggered about with, and you're not getting the true Bill Roper version.
That sucks, can see why your pissed. Did you get anything for your lifetime sub? Did the company go under, and the main people just reform anther company? I guess integrity isn't a big thing in the gaming cash grab world in some parts.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Yskonyn

Nope, the plug was pulled just like that. No reimbursement whatsoever.
Broken game, broken lifetime sub.

Nefaro

Quote from: CptHowdy on November 18, 2018, 11:06:39 PM

grim dawn on sale at humblebundle for 7.50 right now. think i will grab it!

And GD has multiplayer, too.

I enjoyed Hellgate back in the day.  The setting was fantastic.  I saw where it was going when it went money sink and didn't stick around long.  Despite having wanted multiplayer in it after getting the original release.  :-\

Nefaro

Also seeing a steady amount of people reporting regular 1 FPS bottom outs in this Steam version.

Probably gonna wait and see if such things get fixed before taking a trip down nostalgia lane.