Close Combat Bloody First (new 3D engine) now on steam and facebook BETA call

Started by Destraex, May 06, 2019, 07:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Thanks Jason for the much better explanation ;D

Re: the pathfinding... If the stream chat is to be believed, the poor pathfinding in previous games was partly a result of the sprites system.  This is a totally new engine.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

GDS_Starfury

in simplest terms the pathfinding was a problem with the ai trying to figure out the terrain code system overlayed on a flattened 3d map.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

^ What he said plus Real Time. Great game for it's day but not without issues.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

acctingman

As much as I think the game looks pretty, I'm waiting for reviews (mainly here) and I still need to finish SD and I want to get SD2 before I even try this one.

Who the F thinks we have enough time to play all these damn games?  >:(

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 03, 2019, 11:28:10 PM
in simplest terms the pathfinding was a problem with the ai trying to figure out the terrain code system overlayed on a flattened 3d map.

Is this you finally getting around to your long-promised Panthers in the Fog review?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 04, 2019, 11:36:35 AM

Is this you finally getting around to your long-promised Panthers in the Fog review?

How ironic, and bittersweet. He finally gets around to it, and you're not even here to bask in the glory.  :'(
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 04, 2019, 11:47:45 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 04, 2019, 11:36:35 AM

How ironic, and bittersweet. He finally gets around to it, and you're not even here to bask in the glory.  :'(

If he comes back to visit for that, I have no complaints!  8)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

trek

JH, I know you're under an NDA, so you may not be able to answer this, but can you tell us if this game will finally be released at least this year?  I've waited so long for a new Close Combat that I just thought I'd give the question a shot.

Skoop

I'm on the beta and I'll say that I have no idea when official release is.

The game's pretty playable, I'm on the second version of the closed beta, had a ton of crashes in the first version.  Those have cleaned up now. 

I would be shocked if this dragged out more than a year, so.....

trek

Jarhead0331

My understanding is that the game is scheduled for a release in a matter of months. The indications I have are that release is not far off at all.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

acctingman

I see this game is Real Time. Is there a way to slow it down like in SD? If not, this is a no buy for me. For some reason RT and me do not mix.  :idiot2:

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.