Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: besilarius on February 19, 2016, 08:04:46 AM
Squall.  Vladi's anti-Zumwalt design.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(inhale)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

...we'll probably be on the next generation post-Zumwalt by the time they start laying the keel of this one, it'll run at about 50% efficiency, and eventually they'll sell it to the Chinese Navy.

mirth

I doubt they ever make it past the scale model

http://www.janes.com/article/51453/russian-destroyer-design-revealed

QuoteThe destroyer is intended to be powered by a gas turbine engine (although Russia currently lacks any adequate sources for naval gas turbines)

Maybe they can tow it around, like the pretty much do with the Kuznetsov.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

besilarius

The rules were clunky, and the physical mechanics could be really hard on the knees, but god it was fun.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

Volador test torpedo was a circular runner.
Same thing that sank the Tang.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

Gambier Bay under fire from Chikuma (circled).

"With your eyes closed?"

mirth

QuoteNorfolk waterfront at sunrise from across the river.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

QuoteUSS HALSEY (DDG 97) stands out of San Diego at sunset.

mirth

QuoteTiconderoga-class cruiser USS San Jacinto (CG-56) executes a high-speed turn following replenishment at sea with USNS Big Horn (T-AO 198) in the Med. Feb. 1996. USN Photo.

bob48

...not Captain Wilkes, I hope...........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

QuoteThe sun rises behind USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71). As photographed from JFK. Mar 2002. USN Photo.

mirth

QuoteAn HH-60H Seahawk helicopter assigned to the "Nightdippers" of Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron Five (HS-5) crosses the bow of USS John F. Kennedy (C-67). The Med. Feb 2002. USN Photo.

mirth

QuoteUSS Antietam (CG 54) conducting UNREP via the USNS Charles Drew (T-AKE 10) in the Philippine Sea at night time.

mirth

QuoteHMS Indefatigable nearing completion at Rosyth, 2nd March 1944.

mirth

QuoteHMS Hermes off Hong Kong, 1930.

mirth

QuoteCardboard model used to help plan the salvage of the USS Oklahoma after Pearl Harbor