Seriously, M:TG doesn't come with a rulebook?

Started by Cyrano, March 14, 2018, 02:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Quote from: Nefaro on March 14, 2018, 05:54:27 PM
All the more reason to go with LCGs for me, nowadays. 

Mage Wars Academy, Ashes of the Phoenixborn, Netrunner, and all sorts of others coming out nowadays.  You know what you get, with rulebook, and no need to gamble at getting good stuff in randomized boosters.   O0  It's where you probably wanna be if you're the type who just prefers to occasionally buy a pack and casually play.

EDIT:  Hrmm... maybe I'll break out Mage Wars Academy for a head-to-head next week.   :coolsmiley:

Definately! I am hooked on Netrunner. I've even gotten to the point where my wife seems to be getting more tempted to start playing. Yay!
Jinteki.net is a great option in the mean time to find opponents.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 03, 2018, 02:52:29 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 14, 2018, 05:54:27 PM
All the more reason to go with LCGs for me, nowadays. 

Mage Wars Academy, Ashes of the Phoenixborn, Netrunner, and all sorts of others coming out nowadays.  You know what you get, with rulebook, and no need to gamble at getting good stuff in randomized boosters.   O0  It's where you probably wanna be if you're the type who just prefers to occasionally buy a pack and casually play.

EDIT:  Hrmm... maybe I'll break out Mage Wars Academy for a head-to-head next week.   :coolsmiley:

Definately! I am hooked on Netrunner. I've even gotten to the point where my wife seems to be getting more tempted to start playing. Yay!
Jinteki.net is a great option in the mean time to find opponents.

:-\

FFG stopped making the Netrunner card game recently. 

I still recall enjoying the original late-90s Shadowrun themed CCG that Netrunner is based upon.   RIP all the above.  :buck2:

People have also been speculating about when FFG may finally pull the plug on their long-running Lord of the Rings cooperative LCG.  Netrunner was rather popular for a bit, I guess it dropped with more recent competition.  Can't help but wonder when they'll stop making LotR sets too, despite it's long-running popularity and regularly selling out expansion reprints.  :(

Cyrano

You must now forge keys made by the Serene Blacksmith of Catty-Wampus.

Richard Garfield has spoken.

So.

Stupid.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Dammit Carl!

BanzaiCat

Yskonyn

To necro this cause I wasn't paying attention, but yeah, quite the bummer FFG had to drop Netrunner. Word on the streets is that they didn't really expected it, but aparently WotC killed it by either asking an exorbitant amount of money or just not allowing the contract to be renewed for publishing. Possibly because they want to do something with the Netrunner brand in the near future.

I tried to complete my collection, but the packs were sold out within a mere day or two and no new shipments are expected.

Also, there is a community run entity called NISEI (nisei.net) which has taken the reign of organized play AND they have just released their first new 65 card pack of a new Cycle (2 part cycle, so half we have now)!

Their online presence isn't too obvious however. Stimhack forums seem to have died down quite a bit despite the NISEI effort. Perhaps it takes some time for them to get the spotlight?

EDIT: Did a little further digging.

stimhack.slack.com - seems to be the main online community now
nisei.net - community run organization who unofficially continue Android Netrunner.
http://nisei.net/products/Downfall - Downfall is the new cardset just released by Nisei
http://nisei.net/article/SC2019 - System Core 2019 is the new Core rotation
jinteki.net - Play Netrunner in your browser.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."