Main Menu

FRIDAY 6 and 2

Started by MetalDog, November 15, 2019, 06:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Tripoli's ACW 2 AAR has inspired me to fire-up my old ACW 2 Grand Campaign as the South and see how I can do. So.... probably this time tomorrow I'll be whipped.  :buck2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 15, 2019, 12:53:19 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 15, 2019, 09:05:03 AM
I need to watch that video when I get home. Almost had tickets to see Tool tomorrow in NJ but could not afford them in the end :/

If it makes you feel any better I've been a fan since Aenima, but since I'm UK-based, I've never got to see them during one of their many world tours of a few US cities. ::)

I bought my kids tickets to see them earlier this year.  I hate it for you, Huw, that they don't get out your way much.  I would be greatly disappointed if I couldn't see my favorites.  I sympathize.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Huw the Poo

Cheers MD.  They do seem to only care about their US fans.  You still can't even get Fear Inoculum for less than £80 here!  :idiot2:

Gusington

^They just released an odd CD package for around 40 dollah of their new album but that's still way too expensive for me. I need a standard CD release. I love them but come on.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Yeah and they've announced an even more deluxe version too!  Sad to see them get so greedy.

Well unless the album comes down in price this will remain the only Tool album I don't own.

al_infierno

Maynard seems to have done a 360 180 (I know math!) on his anti-digital stance in the past.  Now he appears to only want to offer physical copies to people who REALLY want one and are willing to invest 2-3x the cost of what a CD should be.  Even more disappointing is it's the first Tool album without a vinyl release at all...
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

-budd-

Saw an interview with MJK, he was against the digital deal but got out voted by the rest of the band. I have amazon music, so finally there available there, they were one of the last hold outs. Think the interview was on Joe Rogan podcast.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

The music of the new album is incredible. I have listened to it using The YouTube :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Danny Carey is awesome \m/
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

MetalDog

Quote from: Anguille on November 15, 2019, 07:39:50 AM
Are playing Darius in both games?

No.  I am Belgae in both pbems I am in.  I was doing great in one, which has since ended as one of the participants had their territory devolve into civil war.  Which he lost.  The other, I have a large army and a leader who provides great military bonuses but none of my territories can feed the army for more than one turn.  That makes it difficult to maneuver.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

CJReich46

Quote from: Gusington on November 16, 2019, 05:32:01 PM
The music of the new album is incredible. I have listened to it using The YouTube :)

Me too.  My brother got to go see them live on Halloween in Milwaukee. Showed me some footage from the show, amazing.

I decided to dive into Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt- and I gotta say this is one incredible game. It's like they really upped their game for this, and I am loving it.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

Witcher 3 is one of my all time favorites. Just put aside Witcher 2 for a bit, first time playing through.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd