Running thread: Quality Long-form Journalism

Started by bayonetbrant, October 19, 2015, 09:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

I'm opening this thread to share general links for excellent long-form journalism.  There's plenty of it out there, and I'll add a few as I go from my personal archives...

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Whew, not the end of the Waffle House franchise.

One of my best friends was getting her Masters and Doctorate at Bloomington, IN (before she got a more fun and lucrative job opportunity). I wonder if she ever ate there, or knew people who did...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

very good long-form article / case study about the legal challenges of sexting and how society is trying to wrangle with it

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/11/why-kids-sext/380798/

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

Saw that.  Never wondered how Norway felt about their role in WWII.  Now, a small window of insight.

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

What a dick.  I get he's a psychopath, I just hate it for the people he swatted.