Battlestar Galactica Deadlock coming this summer!

Started by Anguille, May 16, 2017, 07:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Another game i have to buy...oh boy..

http://www.slitherine.com/bsgdeadlock

undercovergeek

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Shelldrake

Looks like a lot of fun - hope I get invited for the beta!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

HoodedHorseJoe

If you guys liked Star Hammer it's being made by the same studio, so play that and you get a rough idea what to expect. They've iterated on and improved the engine since then, of course.

Found out about this a while ago but been unable to say anything - it looks pretty sweet.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Destraex

I love WEGO!!! I love Battlestar, especially the new one!
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Barthheart

QuoteIntense tactical space battles in full 3D. Give commands to your fleet of capital ships and watch the explosive results play out in pause-able real-time across beautiful, 4k supported environments.

When did "pause-able real-time" become "WEGO"?  ???

JasonPratt

If both sides can pause and both have to agree to unpause, then it might as well be WEGO?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: WargamerJoe on May 16, 2017, 07:57:55 AM
If you guys liked Star Hammer it's being made by the same studio, so play that and you get a rough idea what to expect. They've iterated on and improved the engine since then, of course.

Found out about this a while ago but been unable to say anything - it looks pretty sweet.

That is bad news in my opinion. Star Hammer had potential, but ultimately fell flat. Hopefully, this title will have more going for it other than its IP.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Barthheart on May 16, 2017, 08:21:58 AM
QuoteIntense tactical space battles in full 3D. Give commands to your fleet of capital ships and watch the explosive results play out in pause-able real-time across beautiful, 4k supported environments.

It's not. I believe this might have been a slight mis-communication as they try and make 'WEGO' more undestandable to a wider audience.

It's a WEGO game - you give orders, and then the game resolves them (in real-time) in fixed chunks of time. "Pause-able Real-Time" implies to me you have control as to when you pause to issue orders, a la BFG: Armada.

You have no control here - the amount of time that plays out after issuing an order is fixed, just like in Star Hammer. In that game, you issue orders to your ships every 7 or so seconds when the game pauses.

I see it as a turn-based game that just has real-time order resolution.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 16, 2017, 08:45:40 AM
Quote from: WargamerJoe on May 16, 2017, 07:57:55 AM

That is bad news in my opinion. Star Hammer had potential, but ultimately fell flat. Hopefully, this title will have more going for it other than its IP.

What didn't you like about Star Hammer?
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

Barthheart

Quote from: WargamerJoe on May 16, 2017, 08:51:52 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 16, 2017, 08:21:58 AM

It's not. I believe this might have been a slight mis-communication as they try and make 'WEGO' more undestandable to a wider audience.

It's a WEGO game - you give orders, and then the game resolves them (in real-time) in fixed chunks of time. "Pause-able Real-Time" implies to me you have control as to when you pause to issue orders, a la BFG: Armada.

You have no control here - the amount of time that plays out after issuing an order is fixed, just like in Star Hammer. In that game, you issue orders to your ships every 7 or so seconds when the game pauses.

I see it as a turn-based game that just has real-time order resolution.

So it's real WEGO. Great!
Thanks for the info.
O0

Grimnirsson

Real WEGO and Galactica theme...also on consoles...that sounds great. But I know there were some games published by Slitherine on consoles and I don't remember good reviews. Hm, we'll have to wait and see.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Steelgrave

Definitely on my radar at least. Let's see what comes out of the oven.