Main Menu

Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 24, 2018, 10:35:05 AM
So, how detailed are the campaigns? A cascading series of larger, tougher battles? Do you get to keep the same units throughout? Do you get replacements between battles? Can you recruit new units? Do you have to correctly spell, 'Diadochi'? Details, please.

Think of it as several linked skirmish battles with some decision branches in between.  You have a core army and they will increase in experience.  You can rename the units to your liking so it's fine if you spelt them wrong.

jomni

Quote from: Gusington on April 24, 2018, 09:01:14 AM
I would be happy with just a rough estimate of its release. The game formula really clicks with me and has sparked interest in eras I never really had interest in before, like Alexander's conquests and the Diadochi.

Well, the thing is, I am part of the DLC beta and I know the content but I don't know the release date. ;)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Just make-up something Jomni. Throw us a bone, we'll bite on it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 25, 2018, 09:42:28 AM
Just make-up something Jomni. Throw us a bone, we'll bite on it.

1)  It is going to be released soon™

2)  There will be new stuff in it.

:))

Cyrano

Sword and Scimitars.

Because that's what I want.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Gusington

^If that means 'The Rise of Islam' I think that is splendid.

By the way you're en fuego, as the kids say, Cyrano...laughed at two of your posts so far in the last five minutes.

I started the Philip of Macedon campaign last night and kicked some Illyrian ass in the first (of five) linked battles. I chose the difficulty to remain static instead of having it progress as I am perfectly happy with the 2nd difficulty level.

I take on the Greeks tonight.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Bring plenty of Aveeno. Just saying.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on April 23, 2018, 11:07:29 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on April 23, 2018, 09:19:15 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 23, 2018, 07:38:39 PM
I am really falling in love with this game. Playing the Battle of Magnesia tonight as the Seleucids and then starting an Alexander the Great campaign. I am truly learning a lot.

Cool.

I keep thinking getting into it, but I want to know what DLC 3 is going to be! :)

I know but they will kill me if I tell.

Don't worry. We all have your back. Start talking...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Uh oh...the investgator has arrived.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Zulu1966

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 26, 2018, 10:42:41 AM
Bring plenty of Aveeno. Just saying.  ::)

Oh...i was thinking that was a clue ... On googling am thinking it was something else.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Quote from: Cyrano on April 25, 2018, 09:43:45 PM
Sword and Scimitars.

Because that's what I want.

Hmmm...or Storm of Arrows?
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose