Main Menu

Campaign Cartographer 3

Started by TheCommandTent, July 26, 2012, 09:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

^ Yes, how is it going with the program? I ended holding off on buying because of complaints about the interface among the reviews on Amazon and I wanted to hear some feedback from a Grog. What are the high and low points you've come across so far?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 06, 2012, 07:07:10 AM
^ Yes, how is it going with the program? I ended holding off on buying because of complaints about the interface among the reviews on Amazon and I wanted to hear some feedback from a Grog. What are the high and low points you've come across so far?

I am still learning the program so I doubt I have a complete picture.  Also my time with it has been limited and disjointed.  However, I will say that the interface is not what I would consider intuitive.  Not that it is horrible it is just unlike anything I have ever used.

I think it might be one of those easy to learn hard to master type of situations.  After some practice I've got the basic concept and interface down.  There are alot of things you can do with the program and a good number of them are somewhat automated for those of us who don't or can't do everything by hand.  I still haven't scratched the surface but I am happy with what I've seen so far.

For an even better overview and "demo" with out purchasing anything check out this great YouTube tutorial using CC3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLaTKOJC6og&feature=player_embedded
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

I watched some of the tutorials and after checking out the publisher's website I realize there are a lot of related programs that allow for some cool stuff such as card-modeling scenery for minis and designing cityscapes. This could get pricey. My own copy of CC3 just arrived today so I might get a chance to poke away at it a little bit tomorrow unless I get sucked in to either War Thunder or Planetside 2.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Longdan

Today:  January 30/13
Greetings Cartographers!

This month we are offering a special deal for the Tome of Ultimate Mapping. Get the Tome v3 at half-price with any other product. Just use this code at checkout: 7APT92BW3@TA. This offer is valid until February 14th.

The January newsletter features:

How to purchase gift vouchers from the ProFantasy store.
    A new CC3 user writes about his first experience.
    Forum user anomiecoalition talks about his desert-themed designs of Brightstone Keep and the Buried Temple of Ifar.
    The December and January roundups of user-created maps.
    Pär Lindström uses the last year's December Annual style to create the great overland map of Farjvad.
    A battle map of an underground lab and hide-out by Ralf Schemmann.
    A new video tutorial by Joseph Sweeney about aligning side-view and floor plan maps.
    Forum member Flavion comes up with a unique new overland style for his Myrr dominion map.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Longdan

Nother one:
Greetings Cartographers!

The February newsletter features:

Results of the vote on including the user-created overland style "Myrr" in the Annual.
    The ProFantasy team is meeting with the FastCAD developers in Phoenix.
    13Mann publishes a gorgeous map of the Spinward Marches created with Cosmographer 3.
    More battle maps for Deadlands Reloaded.
    Eterna – a Mercator-style world map by community member Rigtje Schootstra.
    More amazing user maps in the February round up from the forum.
    Pär Lindström writes about the logic and placement of cities on an overland map.
digni enim sunt interdicunt