Main Menu

FRIDAY damage

Started by Jarhead0331, October 12, 2018, 06:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Nice, hopefully the game is out soon.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Sir Slash

It's October so I'm going back to Skyrim to explore some spooky, undead ruins and such to put me in a Halloween mood.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I've been having a lot of fun chewing through Shadow of War, and will no doubt continue doing so.

The GROGPUBLIC has hit its first serious political spat as Fabius of the Conservatives, recently elected Consul, attempts to edge himself into also being the first Pontifex Maximus after the defeat of the last Roman king Tarquinius.

Shelldrake's Soviet horde is flooding into France now in our Grogfest Strategic Command Classic multiplayer tournament. By which I mean the heavy tanks have rolled over Paris and some harbor in Normandy (maybe Cherbourg). It's very much a repeat of 1940, except there's no Vichy. ...which, uh, is all in accordance with my plan!  :bd: :hide:

I'll be trying to figure out how to use MekHQ (or something) to roll up at least one Lance for Yskonyn's mp Battletech game, which is spinning up again.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Slash whereabouts are you looking in Skyrim? I've been looking for an excuse to jump back in.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RommelFox

Sold my house so mostly packing, but I'm planning on some Vietnam '65 and Civ IV.
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on October 12, 2018, 09:46:47 AM
Meng wait until you start naval combat and even better...shell your first coastal fortress. I have rarely had more fun in a game or real life 😎

The ships are nice, but (having played too much Naval Action or something), my taste for sailing ship warfare is a bit jaded.  I might just do enough nautical stuff to get some Mayan gear or something.

Gusington

But...you can shell shore fortifications 😳

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

If you get Man-o-war: Corsair, you can shell Ork fortifications! ...and giant sharks!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on October 12, 2018, 01:33:52 PM
But...you can shell shore fortifications 😳

I'm willing to give it all a shot!

MengJiao

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 12, 2018, 03:03:24 PM
If you get Man-o-war: Corsair, you can shell Ork fortifications! ...and giant sharks!

I tried that too.  Black Flag is a sort of compromise so far (no Orks or Zombies anyway...i think that's a plus these days)

JasonPratt

That was more for Gus anyway.

...who can be a dwarven captain, trading on the coast, shelling Slaanish sirens.

Gusington

^Are you messing with me again?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I'm trying to find something new and spooky in Skyrim. The abandoned Dwarf cities are too well lit to be scary, the Drauger scare the crap out of me when they pop out of their caskets but are getting a little predictable so my thinking is the Falmer caves, they're very dark and because they hear so well you have to go real slow and quiet. Vampires might work too. And I seem to remember a ghost ship way up north somewhere. Then there's always the two naked people in the hot springs. They always creep me out the way they watch me when I walk by.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

* Ancestors Legacy
* WarThunder Ships
* DCS hopefully
* War of Rights just went to phase II for phase II backers and added weather and regimental flag spawning. Tempted to download that as well. But still no playable cannon or cavalry. Not that cavalry is a major issue. But I like to have things to shoot at or with.
* Toying with downloading star citizen 3.3 to see if the performance increases now make it playable planetside.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

GroggyGrognard

I have to work back to back 12 hour shifts, so very little to zero gaming for me.  😴

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin