Panther Games Command Ops 2 Limited Time Offer Bundle Pack Coming Soon

Started by Thrawn, December 08, 2014, 01:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 25, 2015, 01:01:42 PM
I should probably mention here if I haven't done so recently, that ComOps2 is one of my pre-designated exceptions to my resolution to mostly not buy new games this year. :)

It's not so much an exception as it is a requirement.  O0
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JasonPratt

Now now, be fair! -- I called ComOps2 and Arkham Knight as specific exceptions from the beginning. And I've been pretty good about qualifying (mostly) in parenthesis from the beginning.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

By the by...do we have any word on when the magic actually happens?

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Zulu1966

I may be missing something here - but I have all their games and they are good. But ... I have looked at the changes thread on the forum and none of the changes seem particularly earth shattering so perhaps I am missing something ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

JasonPratt

Essentially ComOps 2 provides:

1.) a platform for the missing missions ported from Conquest of the Aegean (only half were ported into ComOps1)

2.) a few subtle but potentially important user interface improvements

3.) some visual improvements

Beyond that

4.) a platform for going forward with other operations (North Africa, East Front, Southern Europe, Overlord, etc. etc. etc.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Father Ted

Ooooh this is tricky.  Command Ops is one of "those" games for me.  You know the ones - you feel you absolutely must have them...but then never play them.  So now I'm thinking should I get the upgrade bundle on sale (because I absolutely must have it) or should I save my cash (because I won't play it any more than I do the original)?

JasonPratt

^^ This, this, a thousand times this.

But my rationale is that I want to support the devs for what they're doing, even though I've never played three minutes of any of their previous versions I already own. :)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Zulu1966 on January 26, 2015, 03:34:14 PM
I may be missing something here - but I have all their games and they are good. But ... I have looked at the changes thread on the forum and none of the changes seem particularly earth shattering so perhaps I am missing something ?

For me it is about staying current on the latest platform where future content and improvements will be made....I imagine the older versions won't be maintained after the new version is released.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Father Ted on January 26, 2015, 04:55:45 PM
Ooooh this is tricky.  Command Ops is one of "those" games for me.  You know the ones - you feel you absolutely must have them...but then never play them.  So now I'm thinking should I get the upgrade bundle on sale (because I absolutely must have it) or should I save my cash (because I won't play it any more than I do the original)?

I hate to say it, I have fallen into that camp as well.....however, I am vowing to really play this game after the new version comes out...it is absolutely the type of game I should love so not sure why I hold back sometimes.  Time will tell, but I am for sure buying it:)

Con

I find command ops to be like a nice cozy well worn sweater now. I have put the time in to really push myself to the top of the learning curve. Now I am intrigued to see CO2 and explore the differences. It stays on a permanent spot on my hard drive always one click away when I get frustrated playing another game (looking at you CMANO)

Con

panzerde

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 26, 2015, 11:18:38 AM
Now now, be fair! -- I called ComOps2 and Arkham Knight as specific exceptions from the beginning. And I've been pretty good about qualifying (mostly) in parenthesis from the beginning.  O:-)

Fair point! I was trying to give you an out though, even if you didn't. No one could possibly count purchasing this against your vow, owning it is pretty much a requirement!

Far be it from me to criticize anyone for buying games. I had Homeworld HD bought before the pixels finished drying on the new Steam page.

panzerde

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 26, 2015, 04:15:25 PM
4.) a platform for going forward with other operations (North Africa, East Front, Southern Europe, Overlord, etc. etc. etc.)

A friend of mine is doing scenario development for them. Based on what he's shared with me, this last point is a big one. I think we're going to see a pace of module development we haven't seen out of Panther for awhile.

Darn it, just thinking about it makes me want to go play some of his scenarios. Which sucks, because I'm out of town and away from my gaming rig. And it's starting to snow.  :tickedoff:

Rayfer

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 26, 2015, 04:15:25 PM

1.) a platform for the missing missions ported from Conquest of the Aegean (only half were ported into ComOps1)

2.) a few subtle but potentially important user interface improvements

3.) some visual improvements

Beyond that

You're not helping me resist this JP. Especially #4....!

JasonPratt

^^ Have I recently mentioned it's free?

Because the game engine is totally free. :)

(Scenarios, no. Well, some are free, for demo purposes.)

Zulu1966

Quote from: Con on January 26, 2015, 07:56:07 PM
I find command ops to be like a nice cozy well worn sweater now. I have put the time in to really push myself to the top of the learning curve. Now I am intrigued to see CO2 and explore the differences. It stays on a permanent spot on my hard drive always one click away when I get frustrated playing another game (looking at you CMANO)

Con

And what you say is likely where I have failed. I think it's one of those games where you really have to put in the effort to understand what is going on. I am pretty sure I am no where near that, and it's alas something I could say about a lot of games. I am in the camp that I know this is the very type of game I should be all over.

Damn I seem to have just found a reason to buy it again now.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.