Marvel Cinematic Universe Running Thread

Started by Centurion40, May 22, 2013, 09:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 23, 2014, 05:29:52 PM
Quote from: mirth on October 23, 2014, 11:06:37 AM
"There are...no strings on me"

duh-amn!

No shit. Other supervillains sure could learn a thing or two about monologuing from that guy...

I hope we get a scene with Nick Fury dialoguing with Ultron, "Now ain't you just some bad ass, motherfucking robot".
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Then again, maybe we'll get lucky and a certain scene from Deep Blue Sea will influence a similar scene in Avengers 2.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 23, 2014, 06:26:23 PM
Then again, maybe we'll get lucky and a certain scene from Deep Blue Sea will influence a similar scene in Avengers 2.

That's one of the greatest scenes of all time.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

mirth

QuoteUltron takes abrupt turns in scenes. Red isn't pyschopathic but Ultron is. Yes, he is psychopathic. He's really batshit crazy!"

James Spader on Ultron versus his character on The Blacklist.

JasonPratt

Ultron needs to sound more like a robot in the movie, though. Right now he just sounds like Red seriously threatening someone and no longer amused. Even Jarvis has sounded a bit metallic so far.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

didnt Tony Stark, destroy, mothball, pack up and smash all the iron man stuff at the end of ironman III? have i got my timelines confused

BanzaiCat

I think so, but in Iron Man canon (comics, anyway), that means squat. Just a way to wash hands of history and reboot Iron Man with cool new armor.

The character's obviously been tinkering given the appearance of the Hulkbuster armor (wonder if they'll call it that in the movie).

mirth

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 24, 2014, 07:44:21 AM
didnt Tony Stark, destroy, mothball, pack up and smash all the iron man stuff at the end of ironman III? have i got my timelines confused

You have it right.

My guess is that A2 has Stark creating Ultron and an army of robots based on the Iron Man tech. Ultron goes bonkers and that's what forces Stark back into the armor.

mirth

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

Funny though, I've never seen Cumberbatch in any role where he had facial hair. Wonder How he'll look in a goatee...  ???
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 27, 2014, 08:53:42 PM
Funny though, I've never seen Cumberbatch in any role where he had facial hair. Wonder How he'll look in a goatee...  ???

friggin awesome

JasonPratt

Huh. If I had slightly more hair and permed it right, I'd look like CumberBen.

Need to work on my voice.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Centurion40

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 05, 2014, 05:14:20 AM

Dude at work just sent this to me:

Marvel Phase 3 just announced:

Captain America:  Civil War  May 6 2016
Doctor Strange  November 4 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2  May 5 2017
Thor:  Ragnarok  July 28 2017
Black Panther  November 3 2017

Avengers: Infinity War Part 1  May 4 2018
Captain Marvel  July 5 2018
Inhumans  November 2 2018