Every Friday you take

Started by Anguille, October 05, 2018, 01:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

The Cure...another one of my favorite bands of all time 😍

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Crossroads

Quote from: Gusington on October 05, 2018, 12:06:23 PM

One of these days I'll start this thread with that tune. It will be titled Friday I'm in FRIDAY  :smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

'One of These Days' - great track by another top 5 band of mine. That's three for three!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Nice. I love The Police. Andy Summers is one of my favorite guitar players, I love his chorus and delay textures. I think I still have Synchronicity on cassette.

Okay as for me (I'm off today and Saturday and Sunday)

Test drive- a 2001 Saab 9-5 with my Dad to see if it would be a good replacement for my ailing/terminal - PT Cruiser.

Success. Loan approved picking up on Monday.

Very happy, this puts this nagging burden off my shoulders, plus builds my credit.

Gaming?

I might be getting Assassin of Kings, and maybe Morrowind?  (update: done- Yeah I folded)

But I have been playing the Enhanced edition adventures notably "Price of Neutrality" and "Side Effects"

also a few battles in Field of Glory II or something... not entirely sure.

I keep thinking on Stellaris but...I dunno.

Update: Cthulhu Chronicles- I am playing at Dr Gabhril and I just managed to get through the 8th adventure - Crimson Letters, and now it's the finale Blackwater Creek!

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: CJReich46 on October 05, 2018, 01:22:21 PM
Test drive- a 2001 Saab 9-5 with my Dad to see if it would be a good replacement for my ailing/terminal - PT Cruiser.

Wife still goes on about how much she loved/misses our old PT - however, she's now gaga over her Kia Soul and this is certainly not normal behavior for her.

PT died 'cause Mrs. overheated it once and it had an aluminum head...so...it was never the same after that.  Managed to hump it for the winter season once that occurred but once it got warm outside again: more overheating.  Very soon it got to the point where it would cost too much to fix vs. it's year of make / mileage so off to the bone yard.  Not a bad car overall, in my experience.

Now Chevy HHRs are utter dogshit.

So for the weekend, I've got diddly doo planned per se.  Water damaged carpet/walls downstairs in the computer area has kinda made gaming a no-go (maybe, I'll cave and put all that stuff back no doubt) until all that mess is taken care of.  Reading time and binging on Shudder's horror movie catalog, I guess is in my near future.

Crossroads

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on October 05, 2018, 02:24:42 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on October 05, 2018, 01:22:21 PM

Wife still goes on about how much she loved/misses our old PT - however, she's now gaga over her Kia Soul and this is certainly not normal behavior for her.

PT died 'cause Mrs. overheated it once and it had an aluminum head...so...it was never the same after that.  Managed to hump it for the winter season once that occurred but once it got warm outside again: more overheating.  Very soon it got to the point where it would cost too much to fix vs. it's year of make / mileage so off to the bone yard.  Not a bad car overall, in my experience.

Now Chevy HHRs are utter dogshit.

So for the weekend, I've got diddly doo planned per se.  Water damaged carpet/walls downstairs in the computer area has kinda made gaming a no-go (maybe, I'll cave and put all that stuff back no doubt) until all that mess is taken care of.  Reading time and binging on Shudder's horror movie catalog, I guess is in my near future.

That sounds like my Saab 9-5 (Wagon) I had and dearly loved. But at the end, having also overheated, with a cam belt needing a replacement, what not, I had to sell her last year. She went to a loving family with a DIY mechanic, something I am not, and hopefully enjoyes a new lease of life!

Cam belt, I said? Cam chain, it was. Quite a chore to have replaced, was the last draw  :(
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Huw the Poo

Warframe obviously.  Why would I play anything else? :)

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on October 05, 2018, 12:06:23 PM
Yeah...love the Cure also.

Forgot: my son David is playing his first ever Campaign in a 4x by himself. As the Terran Khanate (he loves them) in Master of Orion CtS, the setting is of course on easy. So he may play some this weekend.

solops

This weekend and next week I am going to play Hog Hunter 2018 with my special 300 Blackout attachment. I may also try the new Predestination update and Polaris Sector.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

^lol...300 blackout "attachment"?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 06, 2018, 05:04:12 PM
^lol...300 blackout "attachment"?

Hrmmm...errr...well...the ATN IR scope CAN be connected to my PC via a USB cable, so that makes it an attachment...right?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Toonces

@ JD - man I friggin' hate Monaco.  Worst. Track. Ever.

@ CJ - if you decide to boot up Morrowind, be sure to get the Complete Overhaul for it first.  It greatly improves the graphics and fixes some bugs.  Once you get into it, you really have to stick with it a while before it starts to get really good.  Don't get discouraged early on.  It took me about 3 tries to get into the game.  Once I got to level 5 or so, the game really opened up, I bought into the story, and it sucked me in hard.  Unfortunately, a computer crash killed my saved game, so I've yet to do it again.  It's on my list of games to complete before I die, though!

So far I've logged a few hours in Cold Waters.  I played a couple of missions in my 1984 campaign and then started a new 2000 China campaign.  I loaded up Seawolf since I know I need all the help I can get in those shallow waters.  First mission, I get ambushed by a surface action group.  I'm in 350' of water...not good.  After building the TMA a bit I realize I'm pretty much stuck with no way to evade, so I try something new.  I get off two torpedoes early, but then also shoot of one of those decoy torpedo thingies at about 90 degrees off my heading towards the targets. 

Sure enough, for a while it works.  First torp hits the Luda (I think), and there's a patrol plane up there I didn't hear and he drops active buoys and then attacks the decoy.  It was all going so well.  But somehow he gets a wiff of me and then all hell breaks loose for about the next 45 minutes.  The good news is the plane seems to run out of torps.  I got one very minor hit with a depth charge, but then he seems to run out of those too.  Life is good...until the helo joins in.  Ugh.

Anyway, I managed to finally get away because I think they both ran out of weapons.  I wrecked two tubes shooting off decoys at 35 knots and shot off at least half my noisemakers.  Back to Guam I guess, assigned mission NOT completed.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

On a different note, I've found myself hankering to rediscover some of the older games I enjoyed so much years ago.  I'm reinstalling Harpoon ANW and hoping to work through some of the scenarios.  In a perfect world, I'd love to find someone like-minded and try some multiplayer, something I've never done with Harpoon.

And...I'm really considering firing up WitP:AE again.  I keep thinking of getting back into a good wargame, and WitP keeps calling my name.  So many good hours with that game, I don't know why I've waited so long to get back into it again.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Perhaps it would have been better if Mirth posted this....or Bison....or Banzai Cat....

But regardless....

In keeping with CJ's Morrowind post, dude, check this: 

Jarhead0331

^nah...screw them. LoL

We're lucky to have you.  :smitten:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18