Main Menu

Ancestors Legacy?

Started by Jarhead0331, May 22, 2018, 04:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Same publisher though I believe.
There was some sort of hubbub about men of war 2 getting a new dlc recently as well.
By the way this game has a demo.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on September 30, 2018, 09:55:18 AM
Same publisher though I believe.
There was some sort of hubbub about men of war 2 getting a new dlc recently as well.
By the way this game has a demo.

Might be. 1C publishes a lot of Euro-crap. Every now and again, they publish a gem.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Permanent price drop down to 34.99 on Steam in the last few weeks and IIRC a new campaign has been added as well.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Here is the roadmap. They still have a few things to add and an expansion or paid DLC may be in the works.
The section they are up to here is mod support. Which is really encouraging considering this game is on other platforms as well. I assume only the PC version will have mod support.

I would not have taken the plunge for $40 on steam (I did not notice the DEMO button until afterwards). But having got it on special from one of the other sites I have absolutely zero regrets. This is a great little game to occupy you for 30mins or so at a time. Like company of heroes it can however be frustrating at times to run back and forth trying to stop points (towns) from being burned down and recaptured. Each town represents a major investment because after burning it down and then capturing it. You must build archer towers to protect it, which you will not be able to easily afford at first. Then or before the towers as will be the case early. You must buy villagers to go out to the various resource points and mine them. stone, wood or food. Now all of this is automatic. It's just a matter of clicking buttons on the town and the villagers will go build the mine and mine in it. You see the mechanics are such that like company of heroes. The only real management is of your troops in battle.

I am a little disappointed their are no spear infantry that use shields. It seems that for balance reasons this was not implemented. Instead it is axe or sword infantry that get access to shields. But hey. You cannot have everything. This is an RTS after all. Not a historical wargame. It does a good job though, of giving you a feel that you are a raider from the period. Skirmishing with your small bands of warriors.

Destraex

I hit 24hrs of play on this yesterday. I have finished the viking and am half way through the saxon campaign.
Very coh in style these campaigns.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd