Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 23, 2019, 07:54:24 AM
Oh? Judean bedsheets getting cold?  >:D

I decided to take Gus' advice to improve my poetry for this turn:

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 22, 2019, 05:52:36 PM
Murder Mediocre, Saba stalks
Numinous at night;
Over desert seas
Prayers will be heard.

To the poet of the desert......

There are two Diadochi nations bordering Judea one is a strong supporter of boosting Judean strength and has been in favour of giving them large numbers of regions of their own land uncontested totally unconcerned with the snowballing mechanics in game that make Judea truly formidable if they reach critical mass by mid game.......

The other one is Ptolemaic Egypt.....😉

When reflecting upon your next stanza this fact should be borne in mind.......

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Sir Slash

Bluff or warning, what'cha think Jason?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 23, 2019, 09:27:53 AM
Bluff or warning, what'cha think Jason?

Would a small token of Egyptian appreciation of of the poetic ability of the Sabaens be more persuasive...?

If Egypt is ultimately at risk of huge Judean expansion then the Sabaens are even moreso....

Syria and Phoenicia Provinces have already been promised to the Judean lackeys of Antigonus.....once they get a taste for the desert who knows how far South they will strike ?

Egypt is not alone in these thoughts....Nabatea already has expressed concern and new Allies in the region will be announced soon....will the Sabaens be with us or with the Judean/Antigonid axis ?

JasonPratt

Saba is lucky to even be on the map, to be honest.  :hide:

On a possibly related note, I know most of the trade in this game is automatic, which is fine, but are there trade agreements between factions? I've poked around the diplomatic screen looking at that but haven't found anything yet.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 23, 2019, 12:20:36 PM
Saba is lucky to even be on the map, to be honest.  :hide:

On a possibly related note, I know most of the trade in this game is automatic, which is fine, but are there trade agreements between factions? I've poked around the diplomatic screen looking at that but haven't found anything yet.

If you agree a co-operation Treaty with another nation it increases the trade acumen (chance of trade success) in bilateral trade for merchants of both nations.

Between a player nation and an AI one it also improves relations (which run from 0 to 100) by +1 per year the treaty is in existence.

Also ...remember there is always room for poets in this world.....even bad ones  :)

JasonPratt

Quickly run out sands;
Restless rise the sands.
Sands collect and pack.
Time may not be kind.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Underestimated
Victims strike the gate.
Waiting to prepare;
Exhalation held.

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 24, 2019, 08:50:32 PM
Underestimated
Victims strike the gate.
Waiting to prepare;
Exhalation held.

Only the foolish underestimate those they do not know and do not understand.....

Impenetrable poetry places the Saba firmly in this category......

JasonPratt

I figure there will be plenty of AARs eventually, so I'm taking a more minimalist route which gives hints about what's going on in the Sole of the World.

(I thought about making them haiku, but decided to stay a little more culturally appropriate.)

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 25, 2019, 07:46:29 AM
I figure there will be plenty of AARs eventually, so I'm taking a more minimalist route which gives hints about what's going on in the Sole of the World.

(I thought about making them haiku, but decided to stay a little more culturally appropriate.)

I started a SP game as the Sabaeans as you got my interest up...you have some major strengths.

I think if you decide to do so you can be a big player around the region that borders Ptolemaic Egypt, Antigonid and Seleucid territory and well capable of dealing with the upcoming Judean push....

JasonPratt

Of course! -- if I play them smart, they can be great!

...if I play them smart.  :-[

(Spoiler.)

devoncop

Turn 7

Turn 7

Just three turns until the Seleucid/Mauryan ceasefire expires.

It seems the Saka now have a Co-operation Treaty with the Mauryan's whose war of words with the Seleucids appears to be escalating.

The chaos in Greece continues with the Antigonids now having captured the South East, are at war with Pamphylia and Athens while Lysimakos, already fighting Macedon now declare war on the Antigonids !

Judea has now expanded to take most of Syria Province.....

The wretched Picts now have a famine to contend with in their capital 😱.

Interestingly Carthage has made peace with Syracuse......

JasonPratt

I came home last night to discover that my aging Netgear transceiver had bit the dust. I'm unsure if I can get a good new one before Monday.

I'm downloading FogEmp on my Surface Pro 3 as I type, to test whether I can mp with it. Or even run it more than a slideshow. I have some hope, as the footprint isn't large. (I would have tried this last night immediately, but the Surf was at work.)

Will update soon, I hope. Of course, the game should process for me if I can't get back to it before next week. Maybe it'll do better than I'm doing!  :bd:

Gusington

All this saber rattling is making me nervous.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd