Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

By the way, I will be taking notes to put together an AAR.  I  may start publishing it after turn 30 or so, on a 5 turn/post basis.  THIS IS STRICTLY OPTIONAL, but if any of you want to join in, just start keeping notes in  MS Word or in .txt.  If you take screenshots, use the following naming convention: "YEAR-Image number for the year-Nation".  For example, if you are Carthage, the and you take two screenshots from the 299 BC turn, the files will be named "299BC-1-Carthage" and "299BC-2-Carthage."  If you take another screenshot from 288 BC, it would be "288BC-1-Carthage"  Beginning turn 30, I'll ask for inputs every  5 years and begin publishing on the Slierine and Grogheads forum.  If you think we should hold off until turn 50, I can also do that. 

Gus-Based on some of your posts, I think you were thinking about writing about this game.  If you want to join in on this, or use this information for your write up, we could also do that. 

Finally, it might be interesting if a non-participant in the AAR would like to be like Howard Cosell and give some commentary about the play/mistakes, etc that they are seeing, as the game progresses.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Barthheart

Oh, I'm sure you'll get lots of peanut gallery comments with asking for them.  :-"

devoncop

30 turns sounds a decent enough "cordon sanitaire" before it starts.

Really good idea (though quite how anyone could distrust the objectivity of the widely respected "Papyrus Spysheet" is indeed  baffling to all those sat in its plush offices in Ptolemy's Palace in Alexandria)... ;D

I will keep notes on the Egyptian planning if such a dogs dinner can be termed planning !
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Thanks Tripoli - there are currently three posts on the Mythical Front Page[tm] for this, and the MP game will only add to that. If you want to forward me notes once a week I can assemble them in to a coherent narrative. Let me know what you think.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: Gusington on July 18, 2019, 01:00:44 PM
Thanks Tripoli - there are currently three posts on the Mythical Front Page[tm] for this, and the MP game will only add to that. If you want to forward me notes once a week I can assemble them in to a coherent narrative. Let me know what you think.

I'll PM you, and we can work out the details.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Put in my Turn 1 this morning before work.  Got a bit unlucky with my ruler traits, but I can't complain.  I'll just take it out on my lil bro Numidia  :knuppel2:

Seriously though... Where can I get some of this psychedelic puddin'...  It'd really go down great while I spin this rare '89 BCE vinyl pressing of the Fleshpot Bitches pre-Puddin' demos!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

First turn done.

My diplomatic Corps have been working overtime ............ :-)

JasonPratt

At about this time
Beyond the sea of sand
Came a quarrelous king.
Do you know his name?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Fred?

I've uploaded my turn you Fleshpot Bitches!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I think some of you guys may start the game OVER the max level for decadence. Just saying.  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

The first turn is in and second turn submitted :-)

Some interesting developments already :-)

Evidently the appeals put out to certain potential enemies of an enemy of Egypt have borne fruit...The diplomatic service are awarded an extra camel each and a night at the pleasure house of their choice (but not with the camel :hide:)

JasonPratt

Ever holy days
For the time arrives
Gallop like a flood
Holding sea embrace.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 19, 2019, 03:55:09 PM
Ever holy days
For the time arDrives
Gallop like a flood
Holding sea embrace.

It seems the Sabaens may have designs on a higher astral plane O:-)