Game you want to see republished?

Started by bayonetbrant, July 19, 2018, 07:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

What is something that is out of print right now that you want to see back in print?

Let's skip over things languishing on GMT's p500 program that are going to get reprinted and just waiting to go to the press.

Think about some of the great old games that need to get reprinted for a newer generation.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Barthheart on July 19, 2018, 07:42:04 AM
Ambush!

Yep, wholeheartedly +1 this one.

I'd also add:

- Luftwaffe
- Richthofen's War
- Air Assault On Crete

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 19, 2018, 07:45:24 AM
- Luftwaffe

I get the nostalgia for it all, but I'm just not sure this game holds up over the long haul, especially not with LBW's newer games like the Wing Leader series, or Nightfighter.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

True. I speak mainly from nostalgia, as it was my first ever wargame purchase.

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 19, 2018, 07:59:49 AM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 19, 2018, 07:45:24 AM
- Luftwaffe

I get the nostalgia for it all, but I'm just not sure this game holds up over the long haul, especially not with LBW's newer games like the Wing Leader series, or Nightfighter.

True but none of those are strategic level bombing campaign board games.

But also, didn't L2 do a remake of Lutfwaffe ....

Edit*** Nope it was Decision Games in 2007.... with square counters....  :P

JudgeDredd

Where there is Discord so I don't have to pony up £200 for a copy!
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 19, 2018, 08:16:22 AM

seconded!

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 19, 2018, 08:23:00 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 19, 2018, 08:16:22 AM

seconded!

Thirded!

Add to that Codeword: Cromwell for the same reason.

Barthheart

Oh and AH's Victory in the Pacific.

BanzaiCat

I don't know about those Discord guys...they said they were sending me a review copy, then it never showed, and I had followed up a few times inquiring as I was truly concerned something got lost en route, but was met with silence in response. Very weird.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

ArizonaTank

There are a ton of these....but not to get greedy... a few immediately off the top of my head.

The Art of Siege: SPI

On to Richmond!: AH  - I assume an MMP reprint sometime in the next decade..:(

La Grande Guerre: Azure Wish

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

BanzaiCat

I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version of Mosby's Raiders, Carrier, Tokyo Express, and maybe Eastern Front Solitaire, too.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 19, 2018, 09:29:14 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version of Mosby's Raiders, Carrier, Tokyo Express, and maybe Eastern Front Solitaire, too.

Or you could get some friends...