Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Happy gaming everyone.  I've gone AI as there is no hope for me. 

Beware lightning spam and thugs.  I was totally unprepared for this horror, hopefully you will do better.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

elitesix

Lots of nations around Eriu are folding!

That's like what, Machaka, Vanheim, Ashedod?

Lucky you byrdman :)

byrdman57

Well to be fair, I'm the reason Ashdod and Vanheim are folding.

JasonPratt

Who is (or was) on the western islands with T'ien Chi? I've forgotten.

We're about to have a rather consolidated alliance block westward it seems. Twill be interesting to see whether the alliance holds, and/or how those of us farther westward will be able to aid allies farther eastward.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Ubercat

I, playing Jotunheim, share the western islands with Tien Chi.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

elitesix

Yes, a very 'consolidated' block of 'forgotten' western allies  :D

Lunaje

Which are the nations involved in this Alliance thing? I don't get the exact picture very well.

elitesix

JasonPratt

Quote from: elitesix on June 17, 2013, 04:07:08 PM
Yes, a very 'consolidated' block of 'forgotten' western allies  :D

I don't seem to recall allying with Jotenheim. ;) Vanheim, sort of, Jotenheim, not.

However, if Tien Chi is allied with them, that's fine with me. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Vlam

In fact, it's something like 6v1v1v1v1... ;D ?

Is it really a shared victory game? Will you win as 3/4/5 differents gods?

elitesix

Quote from: Vlam on June 18, 2013, 12:15:35 PM

From my limited experience of 4 MP Dominions 3 games, the formation of mid-game nation blocks in this game is exactly similar to my other games that lack shared victory alliance.

I would go as far to say some sort of nation blocs are an emergent property of mid-game dominions MP games. Forming nation blocks, to ensure you the upper hand in any war against nations who remain solo. Of course, come late game, the blocs, at least it seems in non-shared alliance victory games, dissolve some 2-3 years later. We'll see how it goes in this game!

Faux

Just an observation from a player that's not participating in this game; agreeing on a shared victory when a victory condition like that hasn't been specified before starting the game is quite rude. When this happens you basically have a fixed alliance swarming other players and then, sticking to their arbitrary alliance, abandoning the game while it's still clearly in progress. It can prove to be very annoying to other players, even those who have already been defeated.

W8taminute

^Thank you for that comment. 

The other flaw with this game that affected me personally was the experience levels of the players involved.  I should have found a game with players who have the same skill level as I do.  I joined this one knowing that quite a few players are very proficient with this game figuring I'd learn something.  I was wrong and instead what I got was absolutely annihilated without any chance of doing damage.  What did I learn?  I learned that A) I will only play PBEM games with people at the same skill level as I am until I become more proficient B) when playing with others who's skill level exceeds your own you learn nothing in this game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

ScottWAR

Not going to get my turn in....had to reinstall windows last night....and am just now getting everything reinstalled. Im dead anyway..........so if possible go ahead and set me as AI.

mkivcs

Given that we are 20 minutes from turn time and that in addition to  the recent mass exodus 2 players are unsubmitted I think  6v1v1v1v1.. might be somewhat optimistic.