Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

The Lake of Steam Accord
(An Atlantis-Vanheim Defensive Pact)

The people's of Atlantis and Vanheim sign pact!!

Early this evening an agreement was reached between the two great nations straddling the Lake of Steam.  The local populace of Vanheims' capital as well as the villagers in the country side breathed a sigh of relief at the news.  Von W8taminuten, the leader of Vanheim, was unavailable for comment but his prophet, 1st Byelorussian Front, had a statement prepared for the public:

"It is with great joy that this agreement was made between our nations.  Vanheim has always been fascinated with the oceans and our treaty with Atlantis goes beyond the mutual aid our peoples can provide one another.  We look forward to an age of economic prosperity as we trade our delicious Vanheim beef steaks for yummy Atlantean crab cakes. 

Let it be known that Vanheim recognizes Atlantis's independence and that Atlantis recognizes Vanheim's independence.  We pledge to honor our treaty by aiding Atlantis should it be attacked by any enemy.  Vanheim is thankful for Atlantis's pledge to return the favor should we find our nation under assault.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen."

At that the prophet of Vanheim left the plinth from which he addressed his people and Atlantis in Vanheim square and returned to his study.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

Quote from: claes on May 29, 2013, 06:40:36 PM
Ok so I have forged some artifacts, and am in the process of forging some more as we speak.  My question is now, having forged them, do I give them to the commander that I believe can make the best use of them?  Should I be using the commander that I want to use them to do the forging, or should I have a dedicated commander that I use to churn out artifacts?  I will have more questions about artifacts later, but they will actually depend on the answers that I get to these questions. 

Heh.  This map is so massive.  I can only imagine the end-game battles that will result.

JP is right - there is a thread in the dom 3 section about what to build and why and what to do with it when you have - including some standard set ups for thugs - bane with fire sword and golden shield and horror helm - plenty of these are very nice on the battlefield but it won't be the banes forging them

undercovergeek

Quote from: W8taminute on May 29, 2013, 07:25:09 PM
The Lake of Steam Accord
(An Atlantis-Vanheim Defensive Pact)

The people's of Atlantis and Vanheim sign pact!!

Early this evening an agreement was reached between the two great nations straddling the Lake of Steam.  The local populace of Vanheims' capital as well as the villagers in the country side breathed a sigh of relief at the news.  Von W8taminuten, the leader of Vanheim, was unavailable for comment but his prophet, 1st Byelorussian Front, had a statement prepared for the public:

"It is with great joy that this agreement was made between our nations.  Vanheim has always been fascinated with the oceans and our treaty with Atlantis goes beyond the mutual aid our peoples can provide one another.  We look forward to an age of economic prosperity as we trade our delicious Vanheim beef steaks for yummy Atlantean crab cakes. 

Let it be known that Vanheim recognizes Atlantis's independence and that Atlantis recognizes Vanheim's independence.  We pledge to honor our treaty by aiding Atlantis should it be attacked by any enemy.  Vanheim is thankful for Atlantis's pledge to return the favor should we find our nation under assault.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen."

At that the prophet of Vanheim left the plinth from which he addressed his people and Atlantis in Vanheim square and returned to his study.

Ill hang around for a bit - the offers are bound to come flooding in

JasonPratt

The people of Ulm join our ally Atlantis in recognizing the independence of the nation of Vanheim, and urge our other allies to promptly welcome this valiant people into alliance, so that peace may be increased and our peoples prosper in joy and iron!

To this end we like Atlantis pledge not to wage war on Vanheim. We hope Vanheim will return this gesture by not waging war on our mutual allies, the T'ien Chi and the Eriu; or if such hostilities have already begun, let them cease and a fair peace brokered. Ulm stands ready to arbitrate as shared allies of mutual parties in this matter, if necessary.

(Hey, it's like the League of Nations before WW2! {g})

We urge the people of Machaka to be patient a little longer until our glorious alliance can stamp out the taint of death and blood (and also the spiders) oppressing your nation, and bring the benefits of civilization and culture.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Ogaburan

Ashdod feels the "League of nations" are dancing around the the real issue.

Ashdod and Vanheim also have a defense pact, form quite an early time.
Also,
Ashdod is most likely Eridu's next target.

Ashdod was infact already invaded, with Eridu marching on the newly besieged Pangea capital.
A war in which Ashdod was not the aggressor, rather invaded by Pangea.

As far as Ashdod is concerned there is indeed a war between the Vanheim-Ashdod Giant-Coalition and the Eridu horde.
With only goals are to secure national borders and punish Pan-war criminals who hide in Pangea.
They were seducing our little folks women, and turning them against their own husbands!

undercovergeek

So errr when there's just atlantis, ulm, eriu and tien chi left - then what?

W8taminute

Quote from: Ogaburan on May 30, 2013, 02:54:55 AM
Ashdod feels the "League of nations" are dancing around the the real issue.

Ashdod and Vanheim also have a defense pact, form quite an early time.
Also,
Ashdod is most likely Eridu's next target.

Ashdod was infact already invaded, with Eridu marching on the newly besieged Pangea capital.
A war in which Ashdod was not the aggressor, rather invaded by Pangea.

As far as Ashdod is concerned there is indeed a war between the Vanheim-Ashdod Giant-Coalition and the Eridu horde.
With only goals are to secure national borders and punish Pan-war criminals who hide in Pangea.
They were seducing our little folks women, and turning them against their own husbands!

It's true.

Vanheim and Ashdod have been working together and have a mutual defense pact since the beginning of the game.  When Vanheim entered the mutual defense pact with Atlantis it was with the intent to obtain protection against Eriu aggression.  Aggression you say?  Yes aggression. 

When Vanheim compares the current turn to the previous two turns we notice a significant troop Eriu buildup on our borders.  The spy caught in our lands was testing our defenses in a province directly opposite a province containing a sizable Eriu army. 

Vanheim will honor Ashdod and come to it's aid should it be attacked.  Vanheim does not recognize Ulm's wish to leave Eriu alone but only if Eriu strikes at Ashdod or Vanheim.  If we can all live in peace we will honor Ulm's wishes and respect Eriu but both Ashdod and Vanheim must not be attacked by Eriu. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

Quote from: W8taminute on May 30, 2013, 05:32:16 AM
If we can all live in peace we will honor Ulm's wishes and respect Eriu

awesome idea, disband all the armies, withdraw to the labs and just research all the magic paths, then just dont bother doing anything in the turns and well keep rolling over till, you know 2021 or Dom 4 comes out

:o
???
:-\

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 29, 2013, 08:23:24 PM
We urge the people of Machaka to be patient a little longer until our glorious alliance can stamp out the taint of death and blood (and also the spiders) oppressing your nation, and bring the benefits of civilization and culture.

just because you have a poncey, made up, fancy sounding alliance  it doesnt disguise or detract from the fact that youre attacking me without any provocation

if you need to pretend to yourself its for some noble cause or because the gods told you to thats fine - in the end - you attacked me, if that makes you guilty please dont pretend The Big Girls Alliance made me do it is a valid excuse - youre the aggressor, youre the attacker and im the victim

for shame

Ubercat

So THAT'S where those huge Machackan armies that were aggressively victimizing me went!  ;D
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Ogaburan

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 30, 2013, 05:54:27 AM

just because you have a poncey, made up, fancy sounding alliance  it doesnt disguise or detract from the fact that youre attacking me without any provocation

if you need to pretend to yourself its for some noble cause or because the gods told you to thats fine - in the end - you attacked me, if that makes you guilty please dont pretend The Big Girls Alliance made me do it is a valid excuse - youre the aggressor, youre the attacker and im the victim

for shame

Its called RP, and its more than welcome!

ScottWAR

And being unhappy that you were attacked isn't RP?
Would the nation being attacked  celebrate or threaten and complain?

I realize that his statement is more towards the user,...but it will fit as RP as well.

undercovergeek

its tosh

where does it end - a 6 person alliance? then what? yay we all won - group hug, gather round everyone we defeated the forces of the developer and made joint peace in his fantasy wargame, thatll show them not to make violent fantasy battle games? Blood Magic 9, pfffft no way - i want to pull bunnies from my hat and make flowers come out of the end of my sleeve

but hey we're role playing so thats ok

im role playing someone who doesnt understand the point of 4 nations joining together to defeat everyone else and then just sitting for eternity never finishing the game

undercovergeek

Quote from: Ogaburan on May 30, 2013, 09:33:45 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 30, 2013, 05:54:27 AM

for shame

Its called RP, and its more than welcome!

like i said, its dressing up aggression in a fancy cloak and a plastic wand and shifting the blame of your intentions in the game to some made up crap

im all for role playing, hiding from the fact youve attacked someone because of a made up excuse is s****

ScottWAR

Yeah I have to agree,....so many players forming an alliance is kinda lame.....makes me consider only joining games with no diplomacy allowed.  BUT this is my first MP game,....SO...Lets se how it plays out. If it goes the way I expect,...yeah no more games with alliances allowed for me.