Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claes

I had not yet sent my turn in, waiting to see if the server issue would be resolved, but I am not in any way disappointed or sad.  Like I said, this is a learning process for me and now that I know about how long it takes to complete my turns I have an idea of when I should complete them and that they should be sent in directly as soon as I finish rather than just saving them locally and telling myself, 'Hmm.  I finished the turn but I'm not sure that I did everything that I wanted to do, so I just won't send it in yet.  Later when I have more time I'll look at it again.'

JasonPratt

I'm still going to check the original Ulm turn sent to me by the server, of course, even though I can't play it anymore. (Or I could but it wouldn't gain me anything I suppose. ;) ) There could be information there that's important and not provided in the new turn sent.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mkivcs

Hi Claes,
          You can put your turn in as a backstop and anytime before it is processed you can simply submit an amended turn. My record so far is around 5 changes of mind as to what I'm going to do each time sending in an amended turn which the server acknowledges. Stops any turns being missed.

claes

byrdman57

Just make sure if you're sending revised turns, don't send them rapidly back to back. You don't want there to be any confusion on the server's part in terms of which turn you sent last, as it will always use the last turn sent.

JasonPratt

Quote from: byrdman57 on May 11, 2013, 11:38:06 AM
Just make sure if you're sending revised turns, don't send them rapidly back to back. You don't want there to be any confusion on the server's part in terms of which turn you sent last, as it will always use the last turn sent.

Also keep in mind that whoever is last to send in a turn basically forfeits the chance to revise. Indeed, the farther down the list one is when sending in, the less probable it is that you'll have time to revise and resend (although that's very variable of course).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

ScottWAR

Well, I killed the trolls,......there were 5 of them. I lost around 12 of my cheap troops and 1 commander. Naturally that commander was my pretender........:(

Oh well, my pretender was mainly for research and magic support....so no really big loss,...but still.......@#$%!!!!!!!!

Huw the Poo

undercovergeek

i think i have the dreaded wild boar of doom!

JasonPratt

Seriously, dang. I'd've sent in a few cheap leaders so that losing one didn't necessarily involve such a large morale hit, while the rest of my troops whittled away at the troll.s

Also, how unfair is it that the AI can have scripts for targeting commanders, but we don't! (I guess the AI needs some edges, and humans would exploit that too much.)

ScottWAR

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 12, 2013, 08:08:56 AM
Seriously, dang. I'd've sent in a few cheap leaders so that losing one didn't necessarily involve such a large morale hit, while the rest of my troops whittled away at the troll.s

Also, how unfair is it that the AI can have scripts for targeting commanders, but we don't! (I guess the AI needs some edges, and humans would exploit that too much.)

It was a flying commander. I knew he was there from watching the battle when they took the territory,...so I had all my archers and quite a few strong units in position with orders to attack flying units waiting for when he appeared behind my troops. He appeared right next to my pretender.......hit him once, then a single arrow hit my pretender from across the map and he died. From that point on it was a slaughter in my favor.

For some reason I didn't even think about the fact that my pretender had no armor and would be an easy kill, and of course my nation has very weak priests. Oh well, live and learn. Time to start looking for a territory that has a priests/commander above level 1 I can recruit.

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 12, 2013, 08:08:56 AM

ahhhhhh and now it all becomes clear!!! this is the guy thats always at the top of the 'golden rules not to break' - because you can charm him to come to your side and use the special rules he can have - thus the 'no pasting Bogus' orders'

LIGHTBULB!!!!

JasonPratt

??? What are you even talking about??? I see the words, and I kind of know what they mean, but they don't make any sense in those configurations.

Huw the Poo

Haha!  He does have a cryptic posting style, bless him.

JasonPratt

I'm allying with him pronto in my next game just so I don't have to worry about keeping an eye on him. And/or and keep an eye on him better.