Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

JasonPratt

That was the final move of Myrmidon, not me.

Hopefully he didn't suicide all my troops off somewhere. ;) (I haven't seen my position yet.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

claes

Quote from: elitesix on May 08, 2013, 12:14:51 PM
claes man, heads up, you staled last turn (you did not submit your turn and the 48hr timer expired).
Shit!  Thanks, I had completed the turn but I must not have mailed it in.  I typically check to see if anything major happened: not sure what, but I just take a quick look at what happened, and then I end the turn and let it sit in my mind for a while.  I have been so busy recently, and this sort of game is ideal.  At night, when it is nice and quiet, and I am calm from my nighttime pharmaceuticals, I load up Dominions 3 and try and figure out a way to not get myself slaughtered.  Then I email the turn in.

I'm thinking that I might not have missed much, but thanks for the heads up, I will try not to let that happen again, and if so, I am fine with the penalty.  It's a decent amount of time, but honestly the turns have been taking me quite a bit longer than early game, and I don't see that changing anytime soon, so I will have to plan accordingly.

undercovergeek

maybe a good idea just to put a shout out on here if theres 3 or 4 hours left and the turns still outstanding - as long as its not going to get seen as turn harrassment

JasonPratt

^^ Good idea. I'll try to pm or resend the turn to anyone who hasn't come in by then, too. (The server sends a 12 hour email alert.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Phobos

I usually get a 'turn received' message within a couple of minutes of sending.  I like to keep an eye on that, simply because I have attached the wrong turn file a couple of times, even forgot to attach a file once.  You get an error message in that instance, telling you what the problem is.

JasonPratt

^^ Me, too.

Okay, with Mother's Day this weekend, and with family coming in from out of town -- and with a whole new different faction to study and plan around -- I'm going to bump the gameclock ahead until sometime around 8:20 Monday night US Central Standard time. (Assuming I did that right; the first time I tried it only moved up to Saturday... still only Saturday... >:()

Find a Mom to hug this weekend! -- none of us would be here without their heroic self-sacrifice!!  8)

byrdman57

Aye, my mommy is coming to visit me as well. Fortunately, her bed time is like, 8pm, so I'll have plenty of time to do my turns in the evening.

Staggerwing

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 09, 2013, 08:23:27 PM

Find a Mom to hug this weekend! -- none of us would be here without their heroic self-sacrifice!!  8)

Can it be someone else's mom? especially one at the the younger end of the age scale?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

claes

Your obvious ploys to solicit concern and an easy hand over the weekend by mentioning your mothers means nothing to okken.  You, gentlemen, will fall lower than the rest as an example to others.

OOC:  Enjoy your weekend ;)

JasonPratt

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 09, 2013, 09:32:31 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on May 09, 2013, 08:23:27 PM

Can it be someone else's mom? especially one at the the younger end of the age scale?

Sure! They need hugs, too!  :D

byrdman57

FYI, llamaserver is still showing the turn due early tomorrow morning.

mkivcs

JasonPratt

Wut.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

It didn't even send me a 12 hour warning. i got a 12 hour warning with the Middle Age game (and sent my turn in), but not for this one.

Oh, but it did go ahead and do a 72 hour delay afterward.  ::)

Did anyone else get caught by the clock goofiness? I have no idea whether Ulm was disaffected by it (so to speak), so I suppose I haven't lost anything, other than a turn of progress compared to anyone who sent in their turn. I feel bad for anyone else though. I did try to send it forward safely.

Anyway. Now that the clock has turned over, I've set it back to 48 hours so once we've caught up to Tuesday (or less than 48 hours shy of Tuesday rather) it should be back to normal automaticaly.