Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogaburan

Myrmidon

Turn 2 played as well.   Got an enemy dominion next to me already.... Either I'm gonna have an ally nice and close, or fodder for the Black Steel of Ulm!

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Ogaburan on April 14, 2013, 03:13:53 PM
Whats the story behind your seemingly blind hatred of Huw?

Good question!  Well, Bison?  What do you have to say for yourself?!

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 14, 2013, 04:05:15 PM
How are you guys faring here? ;)

Not bad at all!  I'm liking Arcoscephale so far - and had a very nice stroke of luck in turn 2 too!  Also this map is stonking, if a tad confusing.

W8taminute

Quote from: Bison on April 14, 2013, 12:22:08 PM
Your right.  I also need to figure out how to research tanks with flamethrowers.

Tanks with flamethrowers FTW!!

P.S. Excellent choice for a pic.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

claes

This is my new favorite tbs, no matter how this game turns out (as I am thinking it won't be in my favor for this first mp).  I love it.  How often are Dom games running?

Ogaburan

Quote from: W8taminute on April 14, 2013, 05:40:02 PM
Quote from: Bison on April 14, 2013, 12:22:08 PM
Your right.  I also need to figure out how to research tanks with flamethrowers.

Tanks with flamethrowers FTW!!

P.S. Excellent choice for a pic.

Bitch please.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: claes on April 14, 2013, 05:50:56 PM
This is my new favorite tbs, no matter how this game turns out (as I am thinking it won't be in my favor for this first mp).  I love it.  How often are Dom games running?

Well, in this community we've only just started playing Dom3.  Now that you're a card-carrying member of Grogheads though, there's nothing to stop you creating more games.  But be warned that some people may have reached saturation point for now and won't commit to further games until the current ones end.

claes

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 14, 2013, 05:57:09 PM

Well, in this community we've only just started playing Dom3.  Now that you're a card-carrying member of Grogheads though, there's nothing to stop you creating more games.  But be warned that some people may have reached saturation point for now and won't commit to further games until the current ones end.

Good point.  Plus as I now have to date less than 5 hours play time I still have a LOT of learning to do.  I believe I have spent more time trying to research how to play effectively then in any other game.  Fun times ;)

undercovergeek

keep an eye out here claes - im campaigning for a dom III section and in time the hope that we'll be a shining beacon of dom III availability - theres was such a rush for the MA game, im sure a few 10 player sized games will go down well in a while - they just need to be advertised well - once the carnage of all the new sign ups calms down ill speak to the admin guys and a few others including Jason about DM-ing games - not essential to play but to admin those games others want to play

claes

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 14, 2013, 06:28:43 PM
keep an eye out here claes - im campaigning for a dom III section and in time the hope that we'll be a shining beacon of dom III availability - theres was such a rush for the MA game, im sure a few 10 player sized games will go down well in a while - they just need to be advertised well - once the carnage of all the new sign ups calms down ill speak to the admin guys and a few others including Jason about DM-ing games - not essential to play but to admin those games others want to play

Will do; I got here from the wargamer forums (where Jason also posted this game) and I am amazed at the community here and am so happy to have found it.  There are not many places on the web with such singleness of purpose and the sense of camaraderie - even when you are opposed - is palpable.  Thank you all for welcoming me and special thanks to Jason for cross posting about it and for setting it up ;)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: claes on April 14, 2013, 06:34:54 PM
I am amazed at the community here and am so happy to have found it.

Grogheads really is a very friendly community indeed (except for Bison obviously).  It's my home away from home!

Bison

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 14, 2013, 05:02:46 PM
Quote from: Ogaburan on April 14, 2013, 03:13:53 PM
Whats the story behind your seemingly blind hatred of Huw?

Good question!  Well, Bison?  What do you have to say for yourself?!

Tea?

JasonPratt

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 14, 2013, 05:57:09 PM

i.e., four turns from now in my Early game. ;)

I'm back from my Sunday trip, so I'll be able to play my turns this afternoon, about 7 hours from now.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!