Main Menu

X-Com 2 F***ers

Started by JudgeDredd, February 18, 2018, 02:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

So I went on a mission last night to take out some data link. I sneaked in, sneaked around so I wasn't noticed, got my troops into position for overwatch knowing the aliens would be alerted and BOOM! I hit the data link and destroyed it.

Sure enough, the enemy came running around and my troops opened up.

However - once I'd cleared the aliens out, this "thing" appeared and was able to teleport wherever it wanted. Even more annoying, once it started taking damage, it split. In the end I had 3 of these damn things teleporting around!

Lost two experienced troops  :'(

I'm going back to a previous save and not calling it cheating on the basis that I didn't know wtf these things were going to do or how to deal with them.  :crazy2:
Alba gu' brath

Uberhaus

Do you have the alien hunters DLC?  There is a lot of criticism of it:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/433090/XCOM_2_Alien_Hunters/#app_reviews_hash

I made sure I didn't buy it.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Uberhaus on February 18, 2018, 04:42:07 AM
Do you have the alien hunters DLC?  There is a lot of criticism of it:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/433090/XCOM_2_Alien_Hunters/#app_reviews_hash

I made sure I didn't buy it.

Thanks for the tip. I will stay away from the Alien Hunters DLC.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

JudgeDredd

No i don't. Just vanilla XC2

I redid the mission and managed to get out just injured
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Xcom 2 is very good, but it's difficulty can be unforgiving and very frustrating. Sometimes the odds just seem unfair.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

The crystal somethings?

Yep remember them - no savescumming allowed!!

DennisS

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 18, 2018, 08:43:52 AM
The crystal somethings?

Yep..the crystal fuckers.

I got so frustrated that I went back to Xenonauts...which I believe is just as good, or better a game.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 18, 2018, 08:43:52 AM
The crystal somethings?

If you don't mind, I'll be the Judge of that  :))
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

I have to admire you guys for hanging in there and playing this game.  I gave up after I play XCOM 1 (the one released a few years ago for console and pc)

I just don't have the patience for frustration anymore.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk