Tanks!

Started by bayonetbrant, February 18, 2013, 08:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Capn Darwin

LB +1, "smart tank", that's funny right there... ;D
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Jack Nastyface

Okay, not QUITE a tank...but can someone ID the weapon platform on these?

http://www.strategypage.com/military_photos/20131007224439.aspx

Sorry...can't quite get this "post image" thing to work.

MOD EDIT:  Here's your image
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

GDS_Starfury

.50 cal training barrel up front and a 40mm grenade launcher on the rear Stryker.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

The Ontos 6-barrel recoilless rocket vehicle used a similar set up with a .50 cal spotting rifle used to aim the rocket tubes.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 08, 2013, 06:09:51 PM
.50 cal training barrel up front and a 40mm grenade launcher on the rear Stryker.

damn that looks like wyoming
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bob48

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 08, 2013, 06:28:13 PM
The Ontos 6-barrel recoilless rocket vehicle used a similar set up with a .50 cal spotting rifle used to aim the rocket tubes.

Love it!

I had a model of the Ontos a very long time ago - think it was by Frog and was 1/48 scale.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: Windigo on October 09, 2013, 12:01:47 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 08, 2013, 06:09:51 PM

damn that looks like wyoming

Probably Yakima in central Washington.  That's where the training areas near Ft. Lewis are.  There are a couple of Stryker brigades there.

GDS_Starfury

did no one read the caption?  ::)

QuoteU.S. Soldiers with the 5th Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, take to the road during a joint platoon exercise at the Yakima Training Center, Wash., Sept. 16, 2013. Rising Thunder is a U.S. Army-hosted exercise designed to build interoperability between I Corps, the 7th Infantry Division and the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt Austan Owen)

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Airborne Rifles

I'm too busy to be bothered by silly things like "captions" and "facts." 

GDS_Starfury

then you would love the global warming thread.  ;D

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Ft Lewis has some maneuver space, but for pure open-ground-with-nothing-in-your-way, Yakima is pretty damned close to Ft Irwin for space to cruise around.  And Yakima has the advantage of not having been so totally overanalyzed as Ft Irwin.  I was at Yakima for AT in the Summer of '99 and it was actually quite a bit of fun.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Actually, Grant should also be up there with Lee. The difference was primarily in the turret design and the two names for the M3 medium tank were actually used by the British so they could tell their lend-lease tanks apart on reports and forms. It didn't help that the British were also using M3 light tanks supplied by the US as well. These they named Stuarts for the same aforementioned reasons.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys